Sign in to follow this  
JayDub

Ground Environment X USA and Canada.

Good Day,Purchased FSX near day one on 10-17-06.... Removed it from my computer a week later due to extremely poor performance on my AMD +3500 system.... I have reinstalled FSX this past week as I now have a system that runs FSX very well with near max quality settings.... The problem is I have always disliked the stock ground textures ( A personal opinion only, many will disagree) and looking for a good replacement.... Anyone using Ground Environment X for the USA and Canada and if so are you happy with the product.... From screen shots it looks like a vast improvement over the stock textures...... I am currently using ground environment pro for FS9 and the newer textures for FSX look even better, any comments or suggestions appreciated.... Any loss of performance reported ??? ....This would be my first payware addon to FSX........ Just getting started........ My FS9 program now up to a total of 92GB with all the payware and freeware addons......Thanks,JayDubIntel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale @ 3.16GHz

Guest JimC1702

You won't be disappointed with GEX, it really improves the look of FSX. I find it especially makes the bland winter textures look much better. You should not see any performance hit either. A good landclass can make a big difference as well. I use FSGenesis landclass for the USA.Jim

Jim,Thanks for the info...... Would probably go with Ultimate Terrain X for my landclass..... Looks like it also adds some additional textures...... The FS9 versions of these programs seem to work very well together in my FS9 install so guess they would be fine together in FSX.....JayDub

Guest JimC1702
Jim,Thanks for the info...... Would probably go with Ultimate Terrain X for my landclass..... Looks like it also adds some additional textures...... The FS9 versions of these programs seem to work very well together in my FS9 install so guess they would be fine together in FSX.....JayDub
Yep, GEX and UTX complement each other very will in FSX. They are the Dynamic Duo! :)Jim

100% on GEX. :( I bought GE Pro for FS9 and loved it. I bought GEX as soon as it came out and it's great, too. Great colours and textures acros the board. I think if I was limited to only one add-on of any kind, it would be GEX. (Make sure you get GEX Enhanced and the right updates up to 1.08 and install them correctly.)The FSX Silver Bullet: GEX + UTX + FEX + FS Genesis Mesh. Put them all together and you'll have unbelieveable flights!