Sign in to follow this  
Guest fzangger

Slow downloads

Guest fzangger

I am running an Intel duo with an nVidea 8800 GTS with 4GB Memory and running Vista Ultimate. I have two issues. The first is that over half the time I try to download, I get a message that the server is busy and to try again later. If I am lucky enough to be able to download, the files download at a speed of an average of 15KBS. This is compared to FlightSim's 1MPS speed. I am hooked up to cable that is supposed to be good for 10 MPS speeds.What am I doing wrong or hace I missed?Frank Z.

Good morning,This is not really a reply to your question but a confirmation of what you are stating.I too have noticed for the passed month a tendancy to the slowing of the site downloads section, if not to the impossibility of getting connected to it.I wonder if among the modifications which should be made in the upcoming new version of the site, a specific chapter concerning addons implying the use of specific paywares, should not be implemented.Some of us are keen to use only freewares and look for this on the site. If you're not very careful it happens that you download such a related payware and installs it on FSX or FS2004. The implementation does not always advise you that the payware is missing and then you get a lot of problems before you realize the download in question is the source of it.I think to individualize those downloads would prevent many errors.Another suggestion would beto remind uploaders to actualize their readme and installation files . Many of them updating from fs2004 to fsx still use the older file.This is sometime very misleading when implementing the addon.I hope this will be helpful to the designers of the site which remains my main source of addons and I hope will remain so.Have a nice dayClaude from Paris France

Dear membersThe File Library is now off-line for maintenance. We are working hard and as fast as possible to complete this task in a respected time frame so that our members once again can enjoy the library and all the other services provided.Our apologies for any inconvenience this may have had for all our library and forum membersThank you for understanding

X-Plane Scandinavia

Norway - Sweden - Finland - Iceland - Denmark

https://www.facebook.com/xpscandinavia

Like - Share - Follow us on everything