Sign in to follow this  
Wilbert

File Downloads

I hope someone can shed some light on a problem I have downloading ZIP files from site. Whenever I want to download files now, I can only get the option to extract the download. I want to download files in original ZIP format but unable to do that anymore. I am using WIN 7 Beta. I have posted problem on WIN 7 forums and only response is that the OS is not the problem. I am not using any installed auto extracting utility. Anyone with idea?ThanksWilbertAbit AW9D-Max/Thermaltake W0106 700W PSUIntel QX6700 Quadcore - OC'd 3.2gWIN 7 Beta/CORSAIR XMS2 DHX 4GB (2 x 2GB)2x150GB SATA WD Raptor - Non Raid/2x320GB SATA WD SE16 - Non Raid2x IDE Light-On DVDRW 165H65/BFG GTX 260-896MBNvidia ForceWare 179.23 drivers3x SILENX 120X25MM FANS + 2x 10in XCLIO Wind Tunnel Case FansDanger Den Water Cooling/Enermax temp/fan controllerFSX ACC@ 1280x1024 - GEX/UTX/ASX/ASA/REX/FEX/MTX/

I hope someone can shed some light on a problem I have downloading ZIP files from site. Whenever I want to download files now, I can only get the option to extract the download. I want to download files in original ZIP format but unable to do that anymore. I am using WIN 7 Beta. I have posted problem on WIN 7 forums and only response is that the OS is not the problem. I am not using any installed auto extracting utility. Anyone with idea?
Rightclick on the download link. That should open a box to allow to choose to Open/Run or Save.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Rightclick on the download link. That should open a box to allow to choose to Open/Run or Save.
Thanks for the suggestion and I know what you are talking about however, the browser skips pass that point real fast and what I believe I am looking at is windows explorer. What I believe you are referring to is what I used to get but, I see it only for a fraction of a second and it is gone and immediately replaced with a "windows's explorer screen". I've tried setting browser to default and looked at all what I believe is relevant in windows explorer. This is strange problem because I can go to flightsim.com and other sites and don't have this problem. Of course you are aware that this is IE8.Wilbert

Thanks and glad to report I found solution. After installing Windows 7 with new IE8, info regarding "trusted sites" in IE8 had to be updated. I don't remember exactly all I did except put all the site access entries ie "https:' Avsim, forun pages, download pages, all put back in IE8 security section. I am sharing this in case someone else may have simular experiences.Wilbert