Sign in to follow this  
Guest XQ-NUE

Any chance to change the value of the transition level?

Guest XQ-NUE

Hello,when FS9 ATC tells me to "climb on FL120, expecting FLXXX" ATC is too late to give me permission to go on climbing to the next given Flightlevel. FS9 ATC is verly late. It gives you permission only 300ft before reaching the prevoius given FL to climb to the next one.Example:I wanna climb to FL310. ATC tells me that I have to clim to 8000ft, exopecting further climb. But permission to climb above 8000ft comes as late as 7700ft, that too late for a jet.Any chance to chnage a file that is responsible for this value of 300ft?

No, sorry. Only way to achieve that is to use an addon ATC program like PFE or Radar Contact.

Knowing this limitation of FS9, I will typically plan on climbing above my step clearance knowing I will receive clearance to climb higher as you stated.In your example I would set my AP to climb to 8500ft not 8000. Far more times than not, I get clearance to continue climbing and rarely get yelled at for exceeding my assigned altitude. This gives me more time to react to the clearance and the plane doesn't loose momentum.Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Hello Steffen, how are you? Hey, I'm watching your videos, great job!No problem with that, just ask for a lower cruise altitude and then re-ask your initial one via the comms menu, ATC will clear you to it. FS ATC can be pain sometimes but it's very kind actually, if you ask for something, it complies pretty much everytime :(

Only way to achieve that is to use an addon ATC program like PFE or Radar Contact.
Don't forget the best possible: VATSIM!Best regards,Rafal

Guest j-mo

I've used the altimeter setting to get my clearances sooner than 300' before reaching assigned altitude.

Guest XQ-NUE
Hello Steffen, how are you? Hey, I'm watching your videos, great job!No problem with that, just ask for a lower cruise altitude and then re-ask your initial one via the comms menu, ATC will clear you to it. FS ATC can be pain sometimes but it's very kind actually, if you ask for something, it complies pretty much everytime :(
Ho onur, great you like my videos :-)Ha ha, that is a very very easy solution to get rid off of the transition problem. Why did not I get this easy solution ? ;-) Thanks for the tip!@ j-moand how exactly do you use the altimeter in order to avoid the problem?