Sign in to follow this  
drdickie

MULTIPLE OCCURRENCES OF "LOAD AIR, LAND, SEA TRAFFIC"

This has happened to me three times now. I have a fresh install of FSX and everything, including LDS and PMDG addons and FSGenesis scenery, runs just fine. Then, days/weeks later when starting FSX, I get multiple occurrences of the dialog box "Loading air, land, sea traffic." The first usually occurs about 10 seconds after the cockpit appears, the second several minutes later. It does not seem to affect performance, it is just annoying. A fresh install of everything, and it all goes away, only to repeat again after days/weeks.Deleting and building a fresh fsx.cfg file does not solve the problem. Microsoft tech support has been very cordial, but unhelpful.Any suggestions?Thanks.

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

This has happened to me three times now. I have a fresh install of FSX and everything, including LDS and PMDG addons and FSGenesis scenery, runs just fine. Then, days/weeks later when starting FSX, I get multiple occurrences of the dialog box "Loading air, land, sea traffic." The first usually occurs about 10 seconds after the cockpit appears, the second several minutes later. It does not seem to affect performance, it is just annoying. A fresh install of everything, and it all goes away, only to repeat again after days/weeks.Deleting and building a fresh fsx.cfg file does not solve the problem. Microsoft tech support has been very cordial, but unhelpful.Any suggestions?Thanks.
If you have FSUIPC, uncheck the box that that is labeled "Keep FS clock sync'd" or words to that effect.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

If you have FSUIPC, uncheck the box that that is labeled "Keep FS clock sync'd" or words to that effect.
Yes, I have FSUIPC 4.50 installed. I will give it a try.Thanks.

Yes, I have FSUIPC 4.50 installed. I will give it a try.Thanks.
1586230CFI:That seems to have done the trick! How did you know that? Is it in the FSUIPC documentation?A couple of other issues, such as random screen flashes (was something loading really fast?), have also cleared up.Thanks, thanks, thanks! :(

Hi,Anytime the time changes in FS by 2 minutes or more, this triggers a refresh of the AI system. So if your times were off, when FSUIPC fixed things, this kept triggering the refreshes.

Hi,Anytime the time changes in FS by 2 minutes or more, this triggers a refresh of the AI system. So if your times were off, when FSUIPC fixed things, this kept triggering the refreshes.
Thanks for the explanation. I did see an entry in the FSUIPC.ini file that had something to do with clock sync, and mine was set to 5 minutes. I did not appreciate what that did until now.