Over the past couple of years that I have used your product, this problem happens on most of my flights.I am at FL330 over PNH (Amarillo TX) and the winds are forecast to be about 230/90 but I am flying with a tailwind of 055/23. This is absurb, the wind never blows from the ENE at flight levels over the mid-continent.Here is a picture, worth a thousand words of frustration (of course I tried to refresh weather but any fix would be appreciated):

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan, the next time you have strange winds like that, what happens if you select something from the FSX menus (open FSUIPC, say, or the display settings), then return to the sim?In my case, and especially with the PMDG 747X and the MD-11, this will very frequently result in a dramatic change in wind direction (and airspeed too, obviously). I suspect FSUIPC wind smoothing has something to do with it, as if something gets out of whack and then resets when returning from whatever was chosen from the menus, but I have not done any systematic testing. Or maybe the PMDG aircraft, it is not nearly as pronounced with the Level-D 767. At any rate, in my case the winds are usually better aligned with the forecasts after going through that exercise.Tom

I've observed the same thing. On this particular flight (kmem-kphx) I open and closed the map a couple of times and the wind started swinging back to the proper location, at the rate that I have set in the FSUIPC. In fact, it wasn't this operation that caused it in the first place but I was using time acceleration between Okla City and Almarillo and I think it caused the glitch. Seems like the only foolproof way to deal with that horrible msfs wx engine is to use FSUIPC and never change windows or use acceleration.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan, the next time you have strange winds like that, what happens if you select something from the FSX menus (open FSUIPC, say, or the display settings), then return to the sim?
That really works (sometimes :( ). Maybe the guys from HifiSim can take a look at it.

Hi All,We are internally testing our next SP where we looked into this again.Thanks,

Guest ashwath
Hi All,We are internally testing our next SP where we looked into this again.Thanks,
hi jim,u stated on feb 27 that ur next service pack would be out in the next 10 days. so is it time yet?Regards,

Hi,We tested a Build starting on Friday, received some feedback, programmed some things based on that feedback, and started testing the new Build on Tuesday. Now we are collecting feedback on the new Build.Thanks,

Guest ashwath
Hi,We tested a Build starting on Friday, received some feedback, programmed some things based on that feedback, and started testing the new Build on Tuesday. Now we are collecting feedback on the new Build.Thanks,
hi,good to know that the new build is being tested. but is there any approximate date as to when the new build is expected?Regards,

Hi,No date, but we are closer than last Friday at this time.Thanks,

Unfortunately that error is still alive with B394.FSX wind 09080, ASA shows 250/80. :(

Hi,Where?When?Altitude?Plane?Flight plan?DWC On or Off?Thanks,

That happens everywhere in the world whilst on cruise level (FL240 to FL390) with LevelD 767. Flight plan: YES. Virtual ststions on, enhanced route coverage off, DWC off. When winds are strong even fsuipc smoothing cannot help to get into over or stall speed.So, now I try with DWC On and that gives me much better results. :( No more 180