Sign in to follow this  
Tone89

FEX or X Graphics?

Hey guys, I'm torn between which one of these addons to go for, I used Flight Environment for FS9 and it was great, but I've recently purchased Active-Sky-Advanced which is fantastic and I was hoping that their graphics addon follows that trend. I was hoping some users could say which one they prefer, or their experiences with either?Regards, Anthony H.

Guest PPSFA
Hey guys, I'm torn between which one of these addons to go for, I used Flight Environment for FS9 and it was great, but I've recently purchased Active-Sky-Advanced which is fantastic and I was hoping that their graphics addon follows that trend. I was hoping some users could say which one they prefer, or their experiences with either?Regards, Anthony H.
I have and use both. FEX for the environment, X Graphixs for runways, etc, its the best of both

If you're looking for great clouds, skies, and water, FEX. There have been several updates and there are always lots of new content to download.

If you use X Graphics, you can Auto-generate your graphics Snapshots in ASA!Thanks,

I have and use FEX and like it alot,easy to use and very fps friendly.

What about REX?http://realenvironmentxtreme.com/I have FEX, but am thinking of getting REX, because you also get environment textures (runways, tarmac, taxiways, signs etc). They also have a number of free extras such as 3D contrails, grass and water shader enhancements for 1.x water.Also includes a flight planner and weather engine (not that you need one if you have ASA).Additionally REX v2 is about to be released. IMO don't think I'll see any updates for FEX anytime soon.

Matthew S

What about REX?http://realenvironmentxtreme.com/I have FEX, but am thinking of getting REX, because you also get environment textures (runways, tarmac, taxiways, signs etc). They also have a number of free extras such as 3D contrails, grass and water shader enhancements for 1.x water.Also includes a flight planner and weather engine (not that you need one if you have ASA).Additionally REX v2 is about to be released. IMO don't think I'll see any updates for FEX anytime soon.
REX is fantastic when it's working. It is very buggy, just check their forum. I am awaiting the release of v2 to releave me of my frustrations.