Hello,For those that cruise various flight sim discussion boards this post might look a little familiar. I'm just trying to get different opionion's for the project. This will be my first build, I'm not tech/computer savvy, but I'm looking forward to the challenge. I have a friend that will help me out as well.I was looking for some advice and review of the specs. . My price limit is about $800. I will be using FS9 on a 17 in. monitor, with hopes to having a larger one in the future. I would like to use PMDG products, FSPassengers, etc...I will not be using this for any other games.E8400 C0 w/ Artic Cooling Freezer and AS5HD4850Gigabyte EP45-UD3R or UD3POCZ 600W or FSP450WSeagate Barracuda 250GB 7200.11Antec 9004GB G. Skill DDR2 800 or DDR2 1066Would I be able to save a little money on the case? Not sure how important it is and I don't need anything too fancy. I've also posted the link from Newegg with the list. Some of the items had a few options and I wasn't competely clear on what to choose.http://secure.newegg.com/Shopping/Shopping...y-Shopping-CartI appreciate the advice and look forward to starting this project.CK

Chris B. Trane

Hello,For those that cruise various flight sim discussion boards this post might look a little familiar. I'm just trying to get different opionion's for the project. This will be my first build, I'm not tech/computer savvy, but I'm looking forward to the challenge. I have a friend that will help me out as well.I was looking for some advice and review of the specs. . My price limit is about $800. I will be using FS9 on a 17 in. monitor, with hopes to having a larger one in the future. I would like to use PMDG products, FSPassengers, etc...I will not be using this for any other games.E8400 C0 w/ Artic Cooling Freezer and AS5HD4850Gigabyte EP45-UD3R or UD3POCZ 600W or FSP450WSeagate Barracuda 250GB 7200.11Antec 9004GB G. Skill DDR2 800 or DDR2 1066Would I be able to save a little money on the case? Not sure how important it is and I don't need anything too fancy. I've also posted the link from Newegg with the list. Some of the items had a few options and I wasn't competely clear on what to choose.http://secure.newegg.com/Shopping/Shopping...y-Shopping-CartI appreciate the advice and look forward to starting this project.CK
Have you looked at my system I just built. It's further up in the hardware forum. Please let me know if you have any questions. http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=245462

Scott Falkowitz

Core I7 965 - OCZ 6GB - Asus Rampage Extreme - 1000W - BFG 285 - Radiated Liquid Cooled - Twin 300 Raptors - Vista 64

You really don't need that much horsepower to run FS9 maxed-out. The best thing you can do for yourself at this point is get a better monitor. This will do the most to increase your immersion. You can most certainly save some money by getting a different case. I'd suggest the CoolerMaster 690. I just used one to build my roommate a Core i7 920, Radeon 4870 X2 system and despite being a mid-tower design, the case still has room to spare and plenty of cooling capacity. Stock cooling will also suffice for your CPU unless you intend on doing some serious overclocking, as even the stock cooler can handle a mild OC. That should put you closer to $600 which ought to leave you enough to get a new LCD, hopefully in the 22" range.