Sign in to follow this  
Jack C

A 2+ Year ongoing problem

Of all the glitches, ctd's, etc that FS has to offer this is the one that has turned my off flight sim for a long time. I am just slowly getting back into it but I am being reminded why I stopped.This isn't a system specific problem since my last system, which was in every way different than my current system, gave me the same problems.I use 4 monitors. 2 vid cards (8800 Ultra and 7800 GTX) in which each vid card controls 2 monitors. When I use FS I start in whatever airport I intend to fly out of, pick the airplane I wish to fly, then hit ALT-ENTER to enter windowed mode. I bring up the overhead panel, move it to monitor 1. Monitor 2 always has my main panel, and on monitor 3 I drag the FMS, radio, pedestal to it. Monitor 4 usually just shows Activesky running in the background. NOW here lies the problem. I now hit ALT-ENTER again to return to full screen mode. Now 50% of the time everything works out ok. The other 50%, being the problem, is when I drag the first undocked panel in wondowed mode over to another monitor, I then bring my mouse back to the main panel to prepare the drag the next panel, my mouse cursor will turn into the hour glass and will start to flicker. As soon as I see that its game over. If I then hit ALT-ENTER FS will freze for 30 seconds and then it will crash. If I leave it in windows mode I will have the mouse remain flickering and be useless and no keyboard buttons will work (eg. G for gear up). If someone could solve this ongoing problem that has been plagueing my enjoyment of FS for 2 years I will forever be in debt.Thx guys

Of all the glitches, ctd's, etc that FS has to offer this is the one that has turned my off flight sim for a long time. I am just slowly getting back into it but I am being reminded why I stopped.This isn't a system specific problem since my last system, which was in every way different than my current system, gave me the same problems.I use 4 monitors. 2 vid cards (8800 Ultra and 7800 GTX) in which each vid card controls 2 monitors. When I use FS I start in whatever airport I intend to fly out of, pick the airplane I wish to fly, then hit ALT-ENTER to enter windowed mode. I bring up the overhead panel, move it to monitor 1. Monitor 2 always has my main panel, and on monitor 3 I drag the FMS, radio, pedestal to it. Monitor 4 usually just shows Activesky running in the background. NOW here lies the problem. I now hit ALT-ENTER again to return to full screen mode. Now 50% of the time everything works out ok. The other 50%, being the problem, is when I drag the first undocked panel in wondowed mode over to another monitor, I then bring my mouse back to the main panel to prepare the drag the next panel, my mouse cursor will turn into the hour glass and will start to flicker. As soon as I see that its game over. If I then hit ALT-ENTER FS will freze for 30 seconds and then it will crash. If I leave it in windows mode I will have the mouse remain flickering and be useless and no keyboard buttons will work (eg. G for gear up). If someone could solve this ongoing problem that has been plagueing my enjoyment of FS for 2 years I will forever be in debt.Thx guys
Jack- I run triple monitors/triple synched views (145

Here is something to try. Something I just realized during the RTW race. If you want to have a 2D sub-window "stick" to its position whilst flying in a VC then do this.... Go to the Non-VC main panel window 1st ,even if one doesn't exist. If the panel designers did the correct coding then it will work. Open and undock your windows over to their positions required. Use shift- # to make sure they stick (panel.cfg coding if it doesn't), if that works go to VC then to fullscreen(3d?) I believe it has to do with inherint track of windows positions. If you set them up in 2d, no vc, then the postions will lock and............ maybe the lockups you're having will end.A non full screen user AMD 1.8 , old as dirt.Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Here is something to try. Something I just realized during the RTW race. If you want to have a 2D sub-window "stick" to its position whilst flying in a VC then do this.... Go to the Non-VC main panel window 1st ,even if one doesn't exist. If the panel designers did the correct coding then it will work. Open and undock your windows over to their positions required. Use shift- # to make sure they stick (panel.cfg coding if it doesn't), if that works go to VC then to fullscreen(3d?) I believe it has to do with inherint track of windows positions. If you set them up in 2d, no vc, then the postions will lock and............ maybe the lockups you're having will end.A non full screen user AMD 1.8 , old as dirt.Roman
Hey Roman. Thanks for the suggestion. Could you please describe your solution a bit more to me just to make sure I have it right? The way I understand what you are saying is:1)Undock all the panles I want (overhead, fms, radio, pedestal) but do this in 2D mode.2)Then go to VC mode3)The hit ALT-Enter to go to full screen modeIs that right?

Hey Roman. Thanks for the suggestion. Could you please describe your solution a bit more to me just to make sure I have it right? The way I understand what you are saying is:1)Undock all the panles I want (overhead, fms, radio, pedestal) but do this in 2D mode.2)Then go to VC mode3)The hit ALT-Enter to go to full screen modeIs that right?
Yes, and to add, make sure you place (locate) the undocked panels where you want them in 2d (step1). The whole idea about this is you were trying to open and locate the undocked panels from a 3d enviroment crossing over to a 2d enviroment. That's where the errors might occur. I't just an idea and i cannot test it as my system doesn't even allow me to go to 3d at all. Good luckRoman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap