Sign in to follow this  
Guest 777ER

taxiway textures gone missing?

Guest 777ER

For some reason it seems my yellow taxi-way markings or texture is gone since today. Don't know how.It's universal to all of the airports...so it got to be a texture file.Does anyone know where the texture to look for or replace to fix this problem?Right now it just shows white blocks and lines just as in the screenshot.This is at TNCA:

From the looks of your screenshot I suspect you have something more serious than just a corrupted texture or two.However, to answer your question, there are a number of textures in your texture folder which begin with the word taxi. example: taxi_tarmac.bmp and taxi_concrete.bmp etc.If you wish to try to restore any or all of them, these resources will be helpful:http://www.cat-tamer.com/flightsim/faq001.htmlIt shows where everything is on your install disks and how extract just what you need.I also recommend fs9cddir.zip - compiled by Brian Collins (available here in the library)This is an Excel format listing of all the files on your install disks. A great resource to keep handy.Good luck!

Guest 777ER
From the looks of your screenshot I suspect you have something more serious than just a corrupted texture or two.However, to answer your question, there are a number of textures in your texture folder which begin with the word taxi. example: taxi_tarmac.bmp and taxi_concrete.bmp etc.If you wish to try to restore any or all of them, these resources will be helpful:http://www.cat-tamer.com/flightsim/faq001.htmlIt shows where everything is on your install disks and how extract just what you need.I also recommend fs9cddir.zip - compiled by Brian Collins (available here in the library)This is an Excel format listing of all the files on your install disks. A great resource to keep handy.Good luck!
Thanks for the link, it was a life saver. I used FS9 CD #2 and copied the images from the texture section to the FS9 main texture folder and all of the images came back!