Sign in to follow this  
Gumps

FSX and a Multi Monitor Journey

Guest Jetbootz

Hi EveryoneI'm very new here, this is my first of I'm sure many posts. I have just set up my PC for FSX. I am going to use it for currency training for my PPL. I know very little about PCs and FSX, but have played it a little on my old PC ( crappy old AMD 2002 PC..) I recently bought a whole load of kit for a multiple monitor setup, see piccy below!Trouble is, as soon as I undock my view of my instruments from my main window and drag it to my 19' square panel the window goes black and the sim crashes. A little message pops up saying the nvidea drivers crashed.I have done a bit of a search online and found this topic discussed as quoted below..... so please can someone help me? I'm sure looking at youtube videos that this is a simple problem, but I am getting a bit stressed as I invested all my spare cash in a monster PC and 5 monitors and TH2Go and it doesn't work!cheers!JetbootzI am having a similar problem with FSX and 6 monitors. I am running a quadcore 6600 and 3 8800 GTX GPUs. Every thing is new as of Jan. 2008 and thereis plenty of RAM in the cards and on the motherboard. This system will runall 6 monitors in FS9 but when I load up FSX and try to put an undockedwindow on the same 2 monitors the application closes with an "Nvidia Error".I have swithched around the monitors to different outputs on the GPUs withthe same results. I have even switched the GPUs around into different PCIeslots and the problem persists. Check this out, with every differentcombination of GPUs in the different PCIe slots, it is always the # 2 videooutput of the of the GPU cards that are in the 1st & 2nd PCIe slots on themotherboard! So it is not the video cards and it is not the motherboardbecause all works well with FS9. Let me know what you think and if you havefound the answer. Good Luck, and thanks for letting me whine, Shenaya. reply.gif <h1 class="text3">solution</h1> Malky Hamilton posted on Saturday, October 11, 2008 1:20 AM You must use XP. Install up to 4 GFX cards for 8 views.All monitors must be the same or same resolution, not necessarily native mode.With nVidia cards, open nVidia manager and set to horizontal span.undock and locate panels as required.Do not operate in Full screen, alt enter.

Guest ArmchairAviator

I have 5 monitors running off a triplehead2go and a dualhead2go. I have aligned them up panoramic but they are 2 separate views.

How can I make it so while in VC it syncs up all views to pan together? Currently whatever window I have highlighted pans. I would like to use my track IR (minus yaw axis) so I can look around the cockpit. I read somewhere that this might be possible with the fsx shortcut list?"Another suggestion without using SoftTH is that FSX has an option to synchronize VC views, don't remember by heart but it's an option in the shortcuts list. I don't think by default has a shortcut but you can assign your own. So your separate VC views will be synchronized when you move your main VC view with the trackir."(My searching landed me here...)Great rigs guys!

Hi Armchair, and welcome to AVSIM.You can assign a keypress to link your VC views so that they will all pan together:In Settings/Controls/Buttons/Keys select the Views event category, and close to the bottom of the list look for an entry called View - link all (toggle) where you can assign your keypress.There's nothing like a multi monitor rig in my opinion. I've got dual GTX 280s and four monitors hooked up, and my only complaint is my power bill. Yikes!

Mike Beckwith

Guest ArmchairAviator

Awesome THX! I have been looking for a way to accomplish this for a long time. The TIR still tracks the th2go but with this set up I prefer the hat switch anyway. All I wanted was to be able to pan around as one view...this is great. :) :)

Guest ArmchairAviator
Nice rig AA!
Thx! It's a heck of a lot better now ;)

Hi Guys, I dabbled with using a dual head last year, but got irritated by the bezel line in the middle of the screen. I got a 30 inch monitor then. However, I now have 2 pretty good PC's, a 30 inch monitor and 2 24 inch monitors. ( I am happy to by another graphics card if it helps ) I also purchased, but have not used yet, wideview, by Lucianno Napolitano, for running 2 networkedPC's simultaneously. I was considering buying the triple head to go and I was wondering wether you might advise how best to use what I have and also the best set up if i get the triple head? I realize the triple head set up will also allow bezel management, which the double does not. My last foray into the world of multi monitor gaming was not great, because I did not look into it deeply enough first. Hopefully you guys who have done it can advise, so I approach things from the right direction this time..Cheers, Mark

Guest ArmchairAviator
Hi Guys, I dabbled with using a dual head last year, but got irritated by the bezel line in the middle of the screen. I got a 30 inch monitor then. However, I now have 2 pretty good PC's, a 30 inch monitor and 2 24 inch monitors. ( I am happy to by another graphics card if it helps ) I also purchased, but have not used yet, wideview, by Lucianno Napolitano, for running 2 networkedPC's simultaneously. I was considering buying the triple head to go and I was wondering wether you might advise how best to use what I have and also the best set up if i get the triple head? I realize the triple head set up will also allow bezel management, which the double does not. My last foray into the world of multi monitor gaming was not great, because I did not look into it deeply enough first. Hopefully you guys who have done it can advise, so I approach things from the right direction this time..Cheers, Mark
Hey Mark, don't give up on your analog Dualhead2go yet! I too was suffering the bezel blues until I found a simple solution. I have analog editions for both the TH2GO and the DH2GO and both now have no bezel problems. :)See the video tutorial I posted:Matrox analog bezel management solutionYou can see in my latest videos that this fix looks great with five monitors as well, if you are planning to go that route.