Sign in to follow this  
Digger57

VoxATC serious memory leak

Being a long time user of VoxATC and flying many long-haul flights with the PMDG 747-400X (FSX) I noticed many times that, when approaching the destination, things started to slow down significantly. On the last several flights I made, I watched closely the windows-task-manager and saw a progressive raise in memory-usage by VoxATC (apart from being pretty much a system-hog as it is).So what I do now is stop and reload VoxATC when approaching the last part of the flight, to free memory. In this way I can make the final approach and landing smoothly.I use:Windows XP SP3 (with3 GB memory switch); FSX; Ultimate Terrain (Europe, USA, Canada), Ground environment X (USA, Canada, Alaska); PMDG 747-400 X; Active Sky Advanced; FS Passengers X; VoxATC.As you can see, I do need all the memory I can get.I hope the next version of VoxATC has the memory-leak fixed (and please fix the compatibility with Active Sky Advanced with global weather settings in use, as VoxATC vs 5.55 can't read the weather settings correctly now: e.g. altimeter always on 2992 and thus giving the wrong altitudes)JanEHGG

Important addition to my first post:I switched, during my flight from KSFO to KJFK, somewhere in the Cleveland region, from ActiveSky Advanced to Active Sky X and saw no more sign of the aforementioned memory leak. I can't explain this. Somehow the combination VoxATX-ActiveSkyAdvanced is fatal for the memory usage of VoxATC.JanEHGG

Important addition to my first post:I switched, during my flight from KSFO to KJFK, somewhere in the Cleveland region, from ActiveSky Advanced to Active Sky X and saw no more sign of the aforementioned memory leak. I can't explain this. Somehow the combination VoxATX-ActiveSkyAdvanced is fatal for the memory usage of VoxATC.JanEHGG
Hello JanIf I understand well, you would NOT recommend using VoxATC along with ASA (I am under Vista 64 bits with 4Go RAM... say 3.xxx efficient). Thanks in anticipation for your comment.Philippe

Hello JanIf I understand well, you would NOT recommend using VoxATC along with ASA (I am under Vista 64 bits with 4Go RAM... say 3.xxx efficient). Thanks in anticipation for your comment.Philippe
Hi Philippe,Not until the eagerly awaited SP for ASA I wouldn't. Hope the SP fixes it. Until then I use ASX, despite the problems with cloud- and haze-popping. When using ASX I also have ATIS giving me correct weather (not so using ASA and global weather settings). And, maybe even more important, ASX is less of a system hog (ASA eats fps).Jan