Sign in to follow this  
G-SWSM

PMDG B744 Panel.

Hi.Has anyone ever changed the colour of the panel for the B747-400 do you know.I love this aircraft, but the Brown is just horrible, and I wondered if anyone has ever managed to change it for something else.Just a thought.Thanks.

checkout airliners.net, you'll see all 744's have brown panels.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Yep, as for the colour their 744 panel looks very close to reality. I don't mind.I wouldn't say that, however, of their 737NG.I've never liked this purplish colour and always wanted the grey I've seen in many photos and in reality.Unfortunately I'm neither an expert in panel making nor was able to find a remake anywhere in the net.Sooner or later the 737NGv2 will come, so I hope they will either change the bitmap colour or offer a choice. For now if anyone knows about an alternate bitmap, please let me know. ;)Best regards,Rafal

Yep, as for the colour their 744 panel looks very close to reality. I don't mind.I wouldn't say that, however, of their 737NG.I've never liked this purplish colour and always wanted the grey I've seen in many photos and in reality.Unfortunately I'm neither an expert in panel making nor was able to find a remake anywhere in the net.Sooner or later the 737NGv2 will come, so I hope they will either change the bitmap colour or offer a choice. For now if anyone knows about an alternate bitmap, please let me know. ;)Best regards,Rafal
A bit off topic but the early 737NG (600-700) had a more realistic panel lighting than the recent 800-900 IMO.

Hi Guy's.Yes I know that the 744 does have this colour in real life, but I just don't like it.I would love to have something differen't such as grey etc, anything but the horrible brown.I wonder sometime about th people in some industries when they select a colour for something, and if they are colour blind maybe.Anyway, it was just a question, and if anyone knows of a way to change this please let us know.Thanks.

Hi, There are a number of screen shots on Airliners net with grey/silver cockpits for the 747. There is also a panel at FSdome fs742pnl.zip which is grey which you may prefer. Hope this helps.

There are a number of screen shots on Airliners net with grey/silver cockpits for the 747. There is also a panel at FSdome fs742pnl.zip which is grey which you may prefer.
But he's talking about a 747-400. Their cockpits are exclusively brownish.Best regards,Rafal

Guest lgvpilot1

To be honest i think that is something you are going to have to live with :( Just take a look at the bitmaps in the pmdg panel folder !The way the panel is brought together on screen is quite unique , and then even if you do manage to change the colour , good luck with the VC :( Mark