Sign in to follow this  
Guest dougwells

Scenery Files - Can I easily switch between Megascenery Earth and FSDreamscapes

Guest dougwells

Around the first of the year I downloaded some MegaScenery Earth Files. Now I want to buy FSDreamscapes and compare the two.Problem is that I do not know how to manage my scenery files. Is there a way I can keep both FSD and Mega scenery files and easily turn one "off" and the other "on". Also, is there an easy way to just go back to FSX default scenery. Please share any thoughts that might help. Thanks!

As long as the two items are installed into their own folders and each has an active scenery layer in the FSX scenery library, it's as simple as turning one or the other or both ON or OFF.

Guest dougwells

Thanks Meshman,I can easily install them into separate folders. How do I make sure they each have a each have an active scenery layer in the FSX scenery library?

Guest dougwells

Problem solved. Thanks again to this forum for pointing me in the right direction. With Meshman's reply, I was able to better search for a tutoral on how to handle these files.I found the following post to be enormously helpful if anyone else is interested in how to handle scenery files (and mesh files...)http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_post...D=24965&KW=Ooops, wrong link. Try this...http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_post...D=24965&KW=

Hello Doug,As we could expect, the Flight Simulator Help file contains all information on adding and managing scenery files. Just take a look at the Learning Center - there is a wealth of information in there on all sorts of topics.Best regards.Luis