Sign in to follow this  
Guest ZLA_JY

Anyway to convert a FS video to a common type i.e. mpeg...

HiWas just curious if this has been done and if anyone out there knows how to do it?RegardsBobG

Guest UweR

Hi, recording FS movies requires a pretty fast machine. The FS videos don

Thanks UweI will do some poking around on the web to see what I can find. Im running a 2.8 with 1meg ram. Pretty fast box anyway. Thanks a bunch for your time on this.RegardsBob Ginn

I record what I see on the computer screen onto a VCR with my video card that has TV out. I also have a super video out jack, besides the RCA jack, that I wish I could burn it on a DVD burner to get the better quality video. Can't send it over the internet though so I just mail the tapes to friends. My mic can put my voice on the tape like an intercom and I use the Real Player to put music into the flight legs. The only editing you can do really is with the pause button on the VCR AND computer. I have put together story lines on some VHS tapes that kind of make a flight sim movie that you can watch on your TV.

WowThat is a great Idea. You just gave me a great idea. Thanks a bunch. So, are you trying to sell your friends on getting into flight simming? So how is the quality?ThanksBobG

Go to www.hovercontrol.com and check out the FS videos there. Jordan did a great job, no reason why you couldn't either. I'm not sure how he did it, but I'm sure he would help you out.

The quality is VCR/VHS quality which is analog. The nVida card (MX 420)also has super video output. I hook that to the back of the TV that has a super video connection if a few people want to watch as you flightsim on the computer. It's the same hook-up most people use for their DVD players. To record super video you need a VCR that can record super video, 95% of VCRs can't. Even if you recorded a VHS tape with super video you need a VCR that can play the quality that you recorded. I had to use mic "boost" in the audio panel to get my mic to put out. Using the VCR (front panel Video & Audio jacks) enables you to have very good sound from your surround system if you have it.I belong to the AES (Amelia Earhart Society). We do research into the Amelia Earhart mystery. Most of the members are not flight simmers. I believe I have figured out the last link (leg) of her flight. To explain to the other members my theory, I sent them a tape. I just flew the leg using the default Baron and increasing the sim rate when needed to compress roughly 5 hrs of flight down to a 2 hr VHS tape. I also did a bush flying vacation tape for a friend. You have everything you need to see EXCEPT the people. I use Sky Kings Cadillac when I need to use a car to go to town. I would like a 18 ft fishing boat with a 70hp Johnson for the parts of the video that a boat is called for. The smallest boat I've found so far is a PT size boat. I've down loaded some sound effects (seagulls, dogs barking, bears growl) etc off the internet and used Real Player to play it back while I record the VHS tape. You have to open and close windows to coordinate the movie and sound effects.FS 2004 is supposed to have kick butt clouds which can only make the scenery that much better.What ever you can imagine you can share.

I do video editing (never done anything from FS2002) using the Pinnacle Studio Director system. This lets me capture regular analog video into MPEG or AVI files without having to have an internal capture card. There are also numerous systems that use internal cpture cards, but I really like the external mixer of the Studio Director

Daryll,A question relating to AES.A few years ago an article appeared in our local newspaper stating that the registration number on her aircraft had been changed when she left New Guinea.Have you heard this story, and is it just another "furphy"?Rodger.

Guest Marvel

hello Uwe, what is your system spec? I'm thinking about recording an FS video as well. (outputing from the TV out AV port of my VGA and back into the video capturecard) MarvelVTBD

Guest UweR

Hi, I run an AthlonXP 2000 with 512 MB PC133 RAM (Asus A7V board), GForce 3 64 MB grafic crad, 2 UDMA 100 7200 RPM harddrives. Faster RAM or a RAID setup would make a big difference I suppose.The idea to use a VCR is excellent, I

NR16020 was the registration number when they left Miami. There are photos and a movie of her taking off at Lae, N.G. I don't recall off hand if the numbers were clearly visible in the photos or movie, but I think someone would have noticed.The spy overflight scenario has been presented before to explain the Mili Atoll splash down in the Marshalls. It is not really necessary to explain the eye-witness accounts in the Marshalls. (my opinion)Noonan used Pan Am's Clipper cruise control methods which included a "howgozit" graph to keep track of fuel consumption because of the winds they encountered. Her half hour of fuel radio message has been misunderstood to mean she was down to a half hour of fuel instead of meaning that they had a half hour of fuel to look for Howland before resorting to "Plan B'. "Plan B" was back to the Gilberts. The Gilberts and the Marshall island chains are only separated by roughly 120 miles of open water. The distance is visually shortened by altitude of the airplane.Off topic but this is in answer to your question in the thread. This might get moved to Hanger Chat forum.

Guest ZLA_JY

You guys are describing exactly as to what I do on my video site that I have. But yes, unless you hook up two computers together to capture that way, recording on a VCR/Camcorder/DVD-R is the way to go concerning fluidity and sharpness on your videos.I also have a tutorial coming out soon within early May. To visit, go to www.tecpilot.com/~la268/Best regards,John McCurdy