Sign in to follow this  
fsx_missionguy

I tried H.A.W.X.

the top of H.A.W.X. is when you switch from KM/Meters to Knots/Feetfrom 1000km the aircraft warps up and goe to... 1852KIAS!

Gustavo Rodrigues - Brazil

Its crapitude must be experienced to be believed. :(I hope ACES is watching this title so they can see just how crappy a flight game can be.Get underwhelmed by the demo here.
I'm actually quite enjoying it on PS3. It's an arcade game, nothing more, nothing less.Takes me back to the days of 'Afterburner' and 'G-LOC'Good fun if you take it for what it is.....

It's just an arcade game.The interesting thing is Tom Clancy. I guess he's totally sold the rights to his name to the highest bidder.Tom Clancy should be putting his name on something like a Falcon 4 AF or Blackshark, not this stuff.

Not a fan of arcade-style flying/shooters, which I presume this is, but I daresay plenty of people are. Not a fan of Tom Clancy's books either to be honest, but similarly, lots of people are.So it's nothing if not a shrewd bit of combined marketing. Cinematic explosion-filled eye candy always shifts lots of copies, especially with a big name tagged to it.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I tried it and I can say that its great to fly without blurries! :( The graphics are also great and even with bloom on I have a consistent high framerate. If they could rip out the outside viewpoint changing camera view (dogfight in that and you throw up your lunch quite quickly) and give us a decent cockit view it might even be decent. The 3 D engine/world is beter then FS-X (but of course only show a postage stamp sized world compared to... etc).

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

It's just an arcade game.The interesting thing is Tom Clancy. I guess he's totally sold the rights to his name to the highest bidder.Tom Clancy should be putting his name on something like a Falcon 4 AF or Blackshark, not this stuff.
It was a long time ago when you could expect to realistic games with the name Tom Clancy's. Today in UBI hands, well, becomes the "tom clancy's" seal of cra....

Gustavo Rodrigues - Brazil

Guest Alphahawk3
Its crapitude must be experienced to be believed. :(I hope ACES is watching this title so they can see just how crappy a flight game can be.Get underwhelmed by the demo here.
I did not know what to expect when I downloaded the demo.....I don't do arcade games...nothing wrong with them....I just have never been into them. Well their demo did not get a convert here. I would venture to say the demo is horribly done compared to many other demo's. I guess the only good I did see from it is the graphical possibilities if we ever get another flight sim.

actually, that's exactly what happened. clancy sold rights to his name to ubi for all future games they wanna slap it on...

Guest jonthedoors

Ace Combat isn't really much better.I know what to expect with these games though, and you can't go in with a 'sim head', because you will almost certainly be disappointed, every time. It's a fact that these games are built for people who use the afterburner everywhere they go, have no idea what 'vertical speed' means, and don't know how to read an altimeter. At least it looks pretty though! That's always a good side! The closest 'console' sim I've seen is Pilot Academy for the PSP. It's not too bad. They've got a Cessna 172 in there, modelled with flaps for landing. That's about as close as it gets.I haven't had the privilege to play HAWX yet though, but this thread is what I expected, haha!MSFS all the way though. I won't accept anything other than FS2004 for serious simming.Well, with the exception of FSX, but I can't run that on a 7 year old system.Oh, and Flight Unlimited 3. That's a corker.I'll shut up now.