Sign in to follow this  
NeilC

STILL PROBLEMS WITH VIS / WX (FS9)

Dear Jim,I still have great problems with the vis in ASA using FS9.I have solved the haze problem at high level by ignoring the UPPER vis slider and just setting the surface vis slider to adjust vis at all levels!BUT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AGAIN, on approach today to LQSA. The METAR was giving 6000m in RA OVC017.I had unlimited VIS and nearly no cloud all the way down through FL180 until about 10 miles out on approach. Then some cloud popped up (still not overcast).The vis stayed 10+ all the way down to 400ft AGL at which point is started dropping rapidly and it started raining, just as I was flaring.I have the Force Destination WX on at 80 miles.Surely, I should be seeing the low cloud, low vis and rain starting 80nm out from the airport. Isn't that the whole point of this option.I am getting really fed up of not getting accurate weather until just before touching down (literally).Am I the only one getting this.I am willing to make a video for you (if there is a way of sending you a large file). I can screenshot all my ASA options and then what happens when I fly, but I have done this several times before.BOTTOM LINE!I set the options to give me the destination WX starting a long way out.I don't get the destination WX until 2nm out and very low!I am seriously considering going back to AS6.5 which didn't seem to have any of these problems. Fancy user interfaces are all very well, but at the end of the day all I want is the WX at takeoff like the METAR says. Some WX on the way (less important) and then the correct WX as I approach the airport and land.I just hope SP1 fixes this. If it is in the pipeline, can't you tell us that you are aware of this problem and working on it. All your replies give suggestions of what to change in the Options, but it would be handy to hear that you are aware that it is not functioning as should be and are working on it.ThanksNeil

beta.gif

Am I the only one getting this.Neil
No Neil, I was getting it too, before I reverted to ASv6.5. That and the cloud popping makes ASA unusable for me.I'm sure the HiFi guys are working hard on this but the impression I'm rapidly getting is that they are struggling to get ASA working as advertised. I hope I am wrong! :( Iain Smith

Hi All,We are internally testing the next SP and we'll see if these things go away for you. What we are against is the fact that we can't reproduce some of this, so it is very hard to fix things we cannot reproduce.Thanks,

Guest billpilot

I have all but given up on ASA and gone back to AS6, So far for me and many others a complete waste of money, I HOPE sp 1 will sort out all these problems, Let's face it, It's not a cheap addon.Regards PB. (Bill sloane)

Guest TIYCS

Enough is enough now. You have your refund. You have heard from Damian. It is time to stop all of this. --Jim

Now the bickering seems to be over, back to the problems!I flew into EDDH tonight importing a flightplan. The wx at EDDH was giving BKN008 (showed this on the map screen when hovering the mouse over EDDH, and on the briefing screen).I thought to myself, I will use force destination option (FS9) to make sure that all the wx near EDDH (within an 80mile radius) gives cloud BKN008, as that is what the destination WX is, and that is what I would like to see on approach (from at least 10nm out).BUT NO, when I selected force destination WX the weather at EDDH suddenly changes to SCT038 (saying it is using advanced interpolation or such like). I disable Force destination wx and it goes back to BKN008, BUT, when I finally arrive at EDDH there is no cloud until about 1nm out at 300 ft when a few wisps of cloud pop up.Please could you tell me how to set ASA up so that the weather at my destination airport reflects what the destination METAR is giving. All I want to do is fly to an airport, and have the weather showing what it is in the real world. AS6 always seemed to do this without problems.Oh dear, am I moaning again, sorry..................... it is just that ASA is so good in other respects, I feel that this has to be one of the basic elements and it don't work!Are you aware of this (well you must be, I moan about it enough :( ) more to the point, is this being addressed in SP1, and if not, how can I help you fix it?I also flew VFR around EDDH today (just downloaded the brilliant new Aerosoft airport), and the surface haze layer kept popping in and out. It was there at ground level, then as soon as I got a few feet above the runway it all disappeared and the colours went vivid, then at about 500 feet it came back, then at 1000feet it went away and stayed away.What am I doing wrong.If I post screenshots of all my options pages can you help?thanksNeil

beta.gif

Hi,First, thanks for sticking with this.2. I want you to fly a flight without forcing your destination. It can be anywhere you want to fly. File a plan just as you have been doing. Then post how that goes.Then I might want you to post your settings, but not yet.Thanks,