Sign in to follow this  
asanal

Bank Angle warning

What is causing this: PMDG-MD11X and PMDG-747X excessive heading off-track and 35 degrees bank angle.MD-11 and 747X cannot maintain AP engage Nav track or heading during the various cross winds and wind speed changes. a-I didn't have this problem with PMDG-747in FS9.b-I wonder if there is Nav/HG sensitivity numbers in MD-11 and 747 cofig.files needs to be adjust.c-Only thing I checked in FSUIPC wind smoothing 1and 0. Sanal

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

I've found the 747 and the MD-11 to be extremely sensitive to wind speed/direction changes in FSX. Try FSUIP wind smoothing with 3 seconds per knot / degree change, this value works fine for me.Tom

Tom is right. I use 8 sec per kt/deg and some use 10 seconds. Believe me, the real world winds aloft don't change direction quickly... imagine a mass of air miles deep and a hundred miles long moving along way above the localized ground effects and thermals and you can appreciate the inertia. Take a look at the 500mb or 300mb charts and those steamlines are pretty accurate. Too bad MSFS didn't try to make a wx engine for jet levels, they built this darn thing for the C172 IMHO.

Dan Downs KCRP

Tom is right. I use 8 sec per kt/deg and some use 10 seconds. Believe me, the real world winds aloft don't change direction quickly... imagine a mass of air miles deep and a hundred miles long moving along way above the localized ground effects and thermals and you can appreciate the inertia. Take a look at the 500mb or 300mb charts and those steamlines are pretty accurate. Too bad MSFS didn't try to make a wx engine for jet levels, they built this darn thing for the C172 IMHO.
Is this OK?ThanksSanal

Ahmet Sanal

That's how mine is set up (except I use three seconds), so that should work fine.Tom

I also use it to smooth temp/press by selecting those features. I think they are on the misc tab... I use half the default rate of change.

Dan Downs KCRP

I also use it to smooth temp/press by selecting those features. I think they are on the misc tab... I use half the default rate of change.
MD-11 X now better then before.Today,I was flying with 747X, wind was from 240/90-101 over Buffalo,NY. There is no way A/P can control the plane. It was banking 35/40 :( degree and away from track line. Circling almost 180. I have to stop the flight.Now I will use 3 sec per kt/deg in FSUIP. I will inform.

Ahmet Sanal

MD-11 X now better then before.Today,I was flying with 747X, wind was from 240/90-101 over Buffalo,NY. There is no way A/P can control the plane. It was banking 35/40 :( degree and away from track line. Circling almost 180. I have to stop the flight.Now I will use 3 sec per kt/deg in FSUIP. I will inform.
Good news.. Finally I eliminated all kind wind shift problems . Now, PMDG-MD11X/ 747X are flying perfect with out any wind impacts.It is interesting using 3 sec ( or any numbers)per kt/deg in FSUIP is not correcting the wind impact problems on the MD-11x/747X. But if you make an additional checks on PSUIPC then you will succeed:Please see below my setting on FSUIPC. You can use any two combinations , which ever one best for you..Sanal

Ahmet Sanal