Sign in to follow this  
patcal

lost eastern USA ILS

I noticed today that I have lost all my ILS's east of about Ohio. The airports are there but no ILS or freq. show up either in FS Commander or FSNavigator. It has been a few weeks since I have flown on the east coast so I am not sure what I did. Any help would be appreciated.Pat Callaghan

Pat Callaghan
AMD FX-8350 4.0ghz. Asus M5A97 MB
16gig Crucial DDR3 ram, Radeon HD-7970 Video
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

First step would be to look in ...\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\Name\Scenery for a file named NV9NAME0.BGL.Should be dated May 29, 2003 and 143 KB in size,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Joe, Thanks for the response. I have the file but it is dated May 21, 2003. Also it is 144KB. Does that matter?Pat

First step would be to look in ...\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\Name\Scenery for a file named NV9NAME0.BGL.Should be dated May 29, 2003 and 143 KB in size,Joe

Pat Callaghan
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

Joe, Thanks for the response. I have the file but it is dated May 21, 2003. Also it is 144KB. Does that matter?Pat
Sorry, mine is dated the 21st also.You said the ILS's don't show up in FS Commander or FSNavigator, do they show up on the FS map and/or are they listed on the GPS?Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Sorry, mine is dated the 21st also.You said the ILS's don't show up in FS Commander or FSNavigator, do they show up on the FS map and/or are they listed on the GPS?Joe
Hi.The ILS feathers and frequencys etc DO show up in FS Navigator.Make sure that you have the buttons pressed down / selected to show them in the right hnd button menue on the right hand side in FS Nav.

No approaches show up in the map or GPS in FS2004. The freq. and feathers show up in all airports west of Ohio.Pat

Hi.The ILS feathers and frequencys etc DO show up in FS Navigator.Make sure that you have the buttons pressed down / selected to show them in the right hnd button menue on the right hand side in FS Nav.

Pat Callaghan
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

Even though you have that NV file (NV9NAME0.BGL), it may have become corrupted and unreadable by FS2004.Try restoring it from your install disks.If you need help in finding it, these resources will be useful:http://www.cat-tamer.com/flightsim/faq001.htmlIt shows where everything is on your install disks and how extract just what you need.I also recommend fs9cddir.zip - compiled by Brian Collins (available here in the library)This is an Excel format listing of all the files on your install disks. A great resource to keep handy.Keep us posted. :(

Thanks for the suggestions. I just got done trying to replace just the NV9NAME0.BGL. That did not work. I then replaced the whole NAME folder and that did the trick. Not really sure what happened. Thanks again to everybody who posted.Pat"flying the east coast again"

Even though you have that NV file (NV9NAME0.BGL), it may have become corrupted and unreadable by FS2004.Try restoring it from your install disks.If you need help in finding it, these resources will be useful:http://www.cat-tamer.com/flightsim/faq001.htmlIt shows where everything is on your install disks and how extract just what you need.I also recommend fs9cddir.zip - compiled by Brian Collins (available here in the library)This is an Excel format listing of all the files on your install disks. A great resource to keep handy.Keep us posted. :(

Pat Callaghan
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

I would suspect that possibly some APnnnn.bgl files might have been replaced by an add-on scenery. These files contain the ILS information as used by AI and default GPS. The user NAV system will also use these files if not superceded by an AFCAD or other scenery. Note that using AFCAD does not make ILS changes available to AI and the default GPS according to my interpretation of postings by ProjectAI members.

Thanks for the suggestions. I just got done trying to replace just the NV9NAME0.BGL. That did not work. I then replaced the whole NAME folder and that did the trick. Not really sure what happened. Thanks again to everybody who posted.Pat"flying the east coast again"