Sign in to follow this  
supernova48

Cannot add to scenery library

This problem just started with both FS9 and FSX. I cannot manually add scenery to my library. I can select the scenery to add, but when I select "OK" nothing happens. I have added many scenery libraries before but since both FS9 and FSX are not working, maybe a problem with Windows. I have Windows Vista Home Premium 64.Thanks,Ken

You've probably gone too far down the folder hierarchy. If you can see the "Scenery" and "Texture" folders, you need to go up a level. Thus "My Scenery" needs to be highlighted in the list of sceneries when you press OK. Had me pulling my hair out for ages, that one! (I believe it's a change compared to the way FS9 worked).

This problem just started with both FS9 and FSX. I cannot manually add scenery to my library. I can select the scenery to add, but when I select "OK" nothing happens. I have added many scenery libraries before but since both FS9 and FSX are not working, maybe a problem with Windows. I have Windows Vista Home Premium 64.Thanks,Ken
Dont know if this helps but I had a similar problem, I could not add anything to the scenery library using Windows 7 beta, upgraded from Windows Vista Home Premium, after picking up the scenery and clicking OK it would take me down a level to the scenery folder, but not add anything into the library. Someone on the web advised me to click anywhere on the background where the scenery folder resides, it would then add it to the scenery library. Weired! Sorry if it's not the same problem.Alex

unfortunately i have the same problem (vista ultimate 64 bit, everything opened/installed 'run as admin' ticked) and 'clicking anywhere on the background where the scenery folder resides' doesn't make any difference for me.i don't really fancy editing scenery.cfg manually so are there other solutions to this problem??

You guys didn't install FS into the default Program Files folder, did you?Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

I'm having this problem too. What works for me is to open the scenery folder in the folder i want to add, then go one level up again ( the name reappears) and click OK, done.Gerrit

bob...negative.gerrit...bizarre! it works (kind of) - ALMOST every entry in the scenery.cfg file ends up with '\scenery' in the path and requires manual editing to fix it but at least there's some basic functonality there.

bizarre! it works (kind of) - ALMOST every entry in the scenery.cfg file ends up with '\scenery' in the path and requires manual editing to fix it but at least there's some basic functonality there.
Good to hear it worked! I forgot to mention that i'm doing all of this in FSX library menu only (opening the Scenery folder there and then back to the previous level... kind of letting the sim know the full path). No need for me to change the Scenery.cfg file. Strange though, that the path shows \scenery in your cfg file, mine does not. Make shure to go a level back, so the name reappears of the scenery you want to add. Then FSX will accept the entry.Best, Gerrit