Sign in to follow this  
Guest highflight1985

FeelThere CitationX Question/Problem

Guest highflight1985

Hello all. Just got the Citation X. She's purrty, but I seem to be having a problem...I followed along in the tutorial flight (different city pairs, though) up until it came time to let the autopilot do all the work.Firstly, I have a very hard time understanding the vertical nav/FLC/Altitude modes on the autopilot. I have to admit, this is one of my first more "advanced" sims that models these types of functions. I'm used to 2-Axis autopilots with heading, altitude, and simple NAV modes. Anyone know of a place where I can read up on these types of autopilots, where the style of the article is in a tutorial sense rather than in greek operating-manual jargon? Or, would anyone be so kind as to give a simple explaination here?Secondly, and more importantly, it seems that my LNAV function won't work. According to the tutorial flight, I'm supposed to see on the PFD, "LNAV..." above the artificial horizon. However, with both navigational inputs selected to "FMS1" and "FMS2", hitting NAV mode on the autopilot also turns on the HDG mode! What am I doing wrong?Thirdly, on the 2D pedestal (Shift+4), my RMU gauge is completely black. Only once I have I seen it have anything written there, and that was only for a split second before it went black. What's up with that?If a screenshot will help, I'll post one. Just let me know...Thanks!EDIT: Also, using the FMS's "Load FS Flight Plan" function at the beginning of a flight causes Flight Sim X to crash. I have to load my waypoints manually...

I have the FS9 version :( For LNAV, you'll need to press the 'FMS' button after selecting FMS1 and FMS2, not the 'NAV' button next to it. Then press 'NAV' on the MCP (AP panel). I have no problem loading the FS9 memory loaded flight plan into the FMC.As for the RMU, 2D panel seems to work most of the time, I did observe a blanked out RMU once (not sure why yet). But I fly VC 99% of the time so I hardly look at the 2D panels.Remember, no autothrottle (same as the real CX) so you'll be modulating the power depending on the weather and FLCH/VS/VNAV modes.Hope this helps.Pat

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Guest highflight1985

Okay, here's an update:I downloaded some sort of an update (around 30MB) off of the developer's website. Installed it. Before the update, the button you speak of for the FMS wasn't there. It was blacked out like the RMUs. After the update, there are now FMS and NAV buttons (with labels and all) near the circular navigational source controls (VOR1, ADF, FMS1, etc). That seems to have fixed my LNAV problems mostly. However, I do want to ask: ATC vectored me off my flight path temporarily last night for traffic reasons and then gave me a "proceed on course" shortly thereafter. When I went to engage LNAV again, it wouldn't respond. It reacted like before: hitting NAV on the MCP (FMS button above the PFD with sources both selected to FMS1 and FMS2) turned on the nav mode, but with the HDG mode too...After the download, I'm still not able to see the RMU in the 2D cockpit. (I fly VC most of the time too, so I can get by, but it would be so much quicker for me to use the 2D panel since I don't have TrackIR or a large monitor.)Also, after the download, loading an FSX flight plan into the FMS doesn't cause a crash. Actually, I can't load it at all. It keeps giving an error saying, "Unable to Load" or something like that.Ideas?

Perhaps you need to set an intercept course to resume LNAV path? As for loading the FP, you did load it in memory using the FS10 planner, then pushed the 'load from FS button?' I was used to typing in KSEAKLAX and loading a plan for other addon A/C, but for these FT planes, loading from memory seems to be the only way to do it.You can also try the 'unofficial double secret' support forum at http://forum.iemit.com/default.aspx?g=forum You'll need to register to read/post.The support for Wilco is definitely unorthodox (and quite frankly a pain), but you can probably find some help there.Pat

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Perhaps you need to set an intercept course to resume LNAV path?
this is correct.
loading from memory seems to be the only way to do it.
this is correctthe current support forum -http://forum.iemit.comthe old form (can read but not post) -http://iemit.com/forumfew details in the CX specific forum. look in the general forum, and use 'CX' as part of the search string.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest highflight1985

Okay, another update:I discovered accidentally last night that my 2D RMU gauge will show, but ONLY if I have the 2D main panel up at the same time! That has definitely got to be a bug...no way would the developers intend to have the kind of functionality.Also, I did manage to load a flight plan. I don't know why it didn't work the other night as both times I had the flight plan loaded into memory (just after creating it in the flight planner). The only differences between the flight plan was that 1 flight plan had only departure, 1 waypoint, and destination, while the other had MANY waypoints (intercontinental flight).An intercepting flight path is correct when needing to rejoin the proposed route. I tested this...though, it does seem a little finicky.Also, on my flight yesterday crossing the "pond", as I neared my BOD for arrival into BWI, the plane began to occilate wildly! As much as 15

Thanks for the tip on the forum. I looked there before posting here, but discovered the forum was locked.
correct, http://iemit.com/forum is not longer active. IT CAN BE SEARCHED.http://forum.iemit.com is the active support forum.
... any ideas as to why any of this is happening ...
FS 'displaying' faulty weather data and/or hitting a transition area for a real-world weather zone(s). example -http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=245741--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest 413X3

I'm just trying to change the VC viewpoint so it is in line with the yoke, it is at such an odd angle

You can try this in the .cfg fileeyepoint=19.0, -1.225, 3.85While you're at it, VC too dark, want flood light during dusk/dawn?add 2 lights to aircraft.cfg and use the "logo light" button to turn on/offlight.10 =9, 21.5, 1.7, 2.3, fx_vclight, // or fx_shockwave_vclightlight.11 =9, 21.5, -1.7, 2.3, fx_vclight,Works for the FS9 version.

Guest 413X3

Thanks! I tried searching all morning but for some reason could not find that post

While you're at it, VC too dark, want flood light during dusk/dawn?add 2 lights to aircraft.cfg and use the "logo light" button to turn on/offlight.10 =9, 21.5, 1.7, 2.3, fx_vclight, // or fx_shockwave_vclightlight.11 =9, 21.5, -1.7, 2.3, fx_vclight,Works for the FS9 version.
I knew there must be a fix for that!! Can you go into a bit more detail on that. Do i just copy and paste exactly those lines into the light section in the aricraft cfg?