Sign in to follow this  
Guest Batfink

Electrical power

Guest Batfink

Hi,Wondering if someone can help, I cannot turn off the electrical power in any of my aircraft.I turn off the generators, avionics and battery switches but my panels all still have power, my radios still work as well as all other electrical systems, so I cannot achieve a cold dark cockpit.Even using Reliability Factor to simulate a full electrical failure has no effect.I tried a small download call bc dark but that doesn't work either.Thanks for any helpPeter.

Hi,Wondering if someone can help, I cannot turn off the electrical power in any of my aircraft.I turn off the generators, avionics and battery switches but my panels all still have power, my radios still work as well as all other electrical systems, so I cannot achieve a cold dark cockpit.Even using Reliability Factor to simulate a full electrical failure has no effect.I tried a small download call bc dark but that doesn't work either.Thanks for any helpPeter.
I get this with some aircraft as well.I think some aircraft come with an APU simulation which will still give you power with main engines of etc.Perhaps it could be something to do with this entry in your aircraft's CFG file.....electric_always_available=1 with this setting you get round the rather quick battery discharge problem in FS9(power is always on) so you could try changing the value to 0 and see if that has any effect.I am not one hunderd percent sure but if you can find one of your aircraft that DOES allow you to completely shut down (cold and dark)and save that as the default flight then all your other flights will be cold and dark as well.I am sure somebody else will be able to elaborate further,but its a start.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

It could possibly be caused by an AI aircraft as well. There's been reports of a quirk in FS9 where the line "electric_always_available=1" in the aircraft.cfg of one of your AI aircraft will produce the same effect on the user aircraft. It may solve the problem if you can go through the acft.cfgs of your installed AI and change any occurances of "electric_always_available=1" to "electric_always_available=0". If you have hundreds of them installed you can use the "find in files" function of an advanced text editor such as TextPad (free trial, never stops working, nag screen) to root out the offending lines in just a matter of seconds:findinfiles.gifJim

Guest Batfink

Thanks guys will give it a try and see what I find.