Sign in to follow this  
HoratioWondersocks

Finding individual aircraft in aircraft folder.

Guest napamule

Andy,Don't know if you have a scrambled (alphabetically speaking) aircraft directory, but it should be sorted A-Z. If you click on '+' on left of Aircraft folder it will expand down to show all the different aircraft folders, listed A-Z. Here is how I do it. Click on Aircraft folder, then on the RIGHT pane you can sort by clicking on the TEXT 'Name' (up top). You can also sort by 'Date' (date modified) by clicking on 'Date' text to where you will get the latest addition(s) going from latest on top on down to oldest on bottom. Then when you see the aircraft folder (on RIGHT pane) that you want, just dbl-click that folder and you will go directly to that folder on LEFT pane listing (under Aircraft folder). It will be the only folder showing under main Aircraft folder. Repeat to add other folders (like when you want to see cfg for those 2). Click on the folder (left pane, under Aircraft foler) to expand it where you can see the other folders (model, panel, sound,, and texture). I assume you can find your way from here. If you click 'Name' once it will show A-Z. Click 'Name' again and it will sort 'Z-A'. Same for 'Date'. Hope this helps you some.Chuck BNapamulePS: Do try the ransack program, but I wouldn't try any of those 'mangle' programs (don't say I didn't warn you).

Guest zswobbie1

I do my searching using something called "everything" It is amazingly fast. Just do a google search for it. It indexed my 1.5 million files in about 3 minutes and once its done, it does NOT index again. Very fast!

My thanks to all of you.There is plenty to be going on with there.PS i did find a program in Avsim's own 'Utilities' section called 'AP editor' this will list all your aircraft and allow you to edit either Panel or Aircraft CFGs but I usually want to open the entire aircraft folder when editing.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077