Following a server pc rebuild, ASA on the client cannot find FS9 - or indeed the contents of the server.Client sees self and server workgroup computers, and vice versa.Wideclient runs - connected!FSCommander connects to FS.When I point ASA to the FS9 location through the network hoops, it stops when it sees the Server and the Client: there are little "+" marks next to each: when I click the server nothing shows and the "+" disappears: when I click the client I see the contents of that machine.Any ideas at all?Nicholas.

Hi,Have you shared your FS9 folder and Application Data folder with both read and write privileges?Thanks,

Yes, all with read and write access.I have the same situation with RContact too: the programs on the Client can see the Server but can

Hi,Are these machines running XP or Vista?Are you signed as Administrator on each?Thanks,

SOrry, I should have said: XP on both and I am Admin on both.(Curiously I found an account "ASP.NET Machne A..." ~ limited account password protected, on my Server. I wonder how that got there. To tell the truth I have never looked at the User Accounts page in 8 years of computer use.Part of the network is working: Last evening I followed a flight with FSCommander on the Client Thanks for your continuing patience,Nicholas

Hi,So when ASA starts it tells you it cannot find your FS9 location and it asks you to browse to it in the next window. And it is from there that you cannot browse across and find FS9? Is this what happens?From outside of AS can you browse to your FS9 folder from your client computer?Thanks,

Good morning JimThe problem is caused by my Security Suite firewall. I have the same product on both machines and the client is configured to allow network access but I have been unable to provide the same access for the server.I had it working before this new server build so there must be a way, but I

A weather report question:having finally connected ASA to FS9 (Local Time and Force to Real Time): I have heavy rain outside my window but "none reported" by ASA, and low overcast whereas ASA reports "scattered". Does this mean that there is a dely in my local station updating itself, or reporting to somewhere else, or what?Thanks again for your help,Nicholas
Hi Nicholas,Not to state the obvious, but you are aware that many "current" METAR reports are the latest on the hourly cycle, so if you see rain outside your window at 1016 the "current weather" will probably be from 1000 and you may need to wait until 1100 until the rain is reported. I'm sure if the METARs are updated more frequently someone will correct me.A friend in Oregon reported falling snow locally at 0900 but the downloaded METAR for the hour didn't reflect it, however snow was depicted in a METAR from a couple of hours later !Alastair

Thanks Alistair. As it happens the FS rain and overcast appeared shortly after my posting: it had been raining for about an hour by then.To go back to my question about the Server with no internet protection other than the Windows firewal: is that enough protection or should I reinstall the security suite and find a solution to the blockage?

Hi,Glad you figured this out!The Windows Firewall offers pretty good protection.Thanks,