Sign in to follow this  
ShezA

Autobrake

Guys,On landing when the autobrake engages I find that there is no way to disengage it until the a/c comes to a complete stop. How does one disengage it? Pressing the brake key does not help.ThanksShez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Go into the key assignments and assign keys to Increase Autobrake and Decrease Autobrake (something to that extent). I'm using the numeric + and - myself. If you've armed it to say 2. Simply press - twice and the autobrake will disengage.

Mike...

While you can make an assignment for autobrakes, the default setting is blank.You may have better luck restoring your Gauges folder from your install disks. My guess is that one or more gauges which is used for this function has become corrupted.Can't hurt to try. :( These resources will be helpful whenever you need to restore anything -http://www.cat-tamer.com/flightsim/faq001.htmlIt shows where everything is on your install disks and how extract just what you need.I also recommend fs9cddir.zip - compiled by Brian Collins (available here in the library)This is an Excel format listing of all the files on your install disks. A great resource to keep handy.Good luck!

Guys,Thanks for all the great advice. Shutting off the autobrake does indeed work so now need to figure out which button to assign it to.I need to get down to the reinstallation of some of the default gauges soon!Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Guest Locksta

You could also try adding a little bit of power once you reach 30knt, that should disengage it.

I use this excellent add-on gauge by Glenn Copland:arm_1.zip - http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...t&Go=SearchIt automatically arms and deploys the spoliers and the thrust reversers. When the proper taxi speed is achieved they automatically retract.As another poster has suggested, I believe I used to add a little throttle after the aircraft had slowed enough and that retracted the reverse thrust.Since adding Glenn's nifty gauge I have not needed to bother with it anymore.

Opa,Locksta,The increase in the throttles only shuts down the reversers and the spoilers. The autobrake still continues the braking action. The turning off the autobrake action is the only way to turn off the braking.ThanksShez

Shez Ansari

Opa,Locksta,The increase in the throttles only shuts down the reversers and the spoilers. The autobrake still continues the braking action. The turning off the autobrake action is the only way to turn off the braking.ThanksShez
I failed to mention that I also use the rcb_groundhandling gauge by Rob Barendregt - http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&DLID=69682It has an auto-taxi speed function and with it I have never needed to manually stop the braking action.I frankly do not remember if I ever needed to manually disengage auto-braking before I added Rob's excellent gauge. All I need to do now is remember to "arm" both gauges I use prior to landing - after that, it is all automatic.Hope that clarifies things.