Sign in to follow this  
yankeegolf3

is FSX flawed?

Hi Bert- But with triple monitors/views in FS9, you TRIPLE the pixels one's eyes see. Then add Ultimate Terrain and Ground Environment and the scenery advantage of FSX becomes marginal. And all this runs nicely on a 6 year old 'puter! The proof of the pudding is in the pic!(You know, I'll bet we'll still be arguing about this when we're old men! In the meantime, my simming budget still fits my wallet.)Alex ReidDreamFleet Baron 58 Dusk KLAX R25R (AMD 1.8, 2 GeForceFX5200 GPUs)
Gotta say Alex-though I love the triple monitors-as a Baron driver it looks like everything got pulled off and thrown around....I think I'd be disoriented! :(

Gotta say Alex-though I love the triple monitors-as a Baron driver it looks like everything got pulled off and thrown around....I think I'd be disoriented! :(
Hi Geofa- yes the popups are placed only to fit the available monitor space and hopefully look pretty. I'll see if I can find a pic of the real McCoy and do some rearranging. Hate to have you disoriented!Alex Reid

Hi Geofa- yes the popups are placed only to fit the available monitor space and hopefully look pretty. I'll see if I can find a pic of the real McCoy and do some rearranging. Hate to have you disoriented!Alex Reid
Well here is mine-but the switches are down, the throttle quad in the middle-the radio stack/gps to the right-the fuel selector on the floor.I love the multi mon stuff and have resisted so far but may take the plunge...but I am a stickler that for the sim to be useful for training everything has to be where you expect it....mine is a be55 vs. a 58 but still like it where it is :(

Guest Mower

FSX was built broken. Carry on.

Yes. What was the question?Some suggestions:Disable Bloom (CPU hog), AI (CPU hog), AutoGen (CPU hog), and set water to 1.x High (2.x is a CPU hog).What do you get now?Best regards,Robin.

Yes. What was the question?Some suggestions:Disable Bloom (CPU hog), AI (CPU hog), AutoGen (CPU hog), and set water to 1.x High (2.x is a CPU hog).What do you get now?Best regards,Robin.
You get the same group of guys that unlike what I have said above don't seem to be able to move on.Locked.