Sign in to follow this  
Guest FPSFREAK

Best settigs for Radeon 9700 Pro

Just got my new system put together, now I need some help with Radeon 9700 pro AGP settings.Last night when I was playing FS2K, my game suddenly exited back to the desktop five minutes into the game...no errors nothing.So whats the best settings?Sys Specs:Asus A7N8X deluxe Athlon XP 2800 Barton @333WinXp Pro SP1WD 80G HDD A7200rpm 2MB cache (Primary)WD 60 HDD @7200rpm (Secondary)ATI Radeon 9700pro with heatsink (OCS sys..non overclock)1GB DDR Corsair (512 x 2) Slots 1 and 319" Sony TrinitonAntec 350Watt Power SupplyThanks Troy

please search in the archive of this forum for information about this, there is no need to ask questions about this over and over again.

Troy,As Martijn said, do a search and/or look around in the "hardware" forum for many posts on the 9700. And I'd recommend you visit the forums at Rage3D.com. Those people have this video card's problems, tweaks, and fixes nailed down cold.

Guest FPSFREAK

Troy,These can be tricky boards to setup but can really tear it up so to speak when they are configured properly.First things first...You've updated your bios to latest version for your revision of the motherboard. I say this as there are two different revisions. The bios is different depending on your revision. You have also made sure you have installed the latest set of Nvidia chipset drivers for the MB correct. You also installed the latest drivers for the 9700 correct. your not overclocking it to far are you, if at all. You seem like you put the machine together yourself. Your using at least a 350 Watt power supply w that setup and correctly applied the HS and fan to the cpu w a quality thermal paste. You may find that if these things are all up to date, especially the Bios and chipset drivers as there were issues w some of the first revisions and bios's w these boards that you may be better off starting from scratch. If so follow these steps and you should find yourself glitch free.Reformat your hard drive using NTFSUpdate your Bios to the latest revision using the default or stock settings. No turning up the wick yet.Install your OS using whichever options you prefer, including SP1 if you choose. It's a personal thing as far as installing all updates in one package or just the ones you need.When the OS is installed, immediately install the DirectX version of your choosing. I would install DX9 to go with the latest drivers your going to install.Next, Install the latest Chipset drivers for your setup.Head over to www.omegacorner.com and download the latest series of Radeon drivers. You won't be sorry. When you've done this install the drivers for the Video card.Once you've done this and installed FS, go into the settings and turn the sliders for everything to about 90 % and use this as a base line. Searching the tips and tricks section will help you find a really nice setup.You may want to get in touch w Bigshot, Elrond or Paul01 for help w graphics settings if your still not satisfied.Sit back and enjoy...BobbyP.S. Remember the Hardware section is there for just such a question and the tips and tricks is for just such an answer..