Sign in to follow this  
fushi

What does it mean on the MD-11?

Captain,What does "pin option" mean on the MD-11 FCOM(SP.30.1 and PT.20.3,4,6,7)?Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Without knowing exactly what pin means, used in this context it refers to company/purchased options. For example, only airlines that wanted the feature that allows autoflight to be armed on the ground received that option. It is modelled with the option in the pmdg aircraft.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dear Downs,Thank you for your kindest instructions.Although I have armed the autothrust with a pressing the AUTO FLIGHT button on the Tutorial 1, how can I arm autoflight on the ground?Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Dear Downs,Thank you for your kindest instructions.Although I have armed the autothrust with a pressing the AUTO FLIGHT button on the Tutorial 1, how can I arm autoflight on the ground?Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara
Hi Kan-ichiro,What you can do is arm NAV and PROF modes by pushing their respective buttons on the ground. This is the MD11 equivalent of arming LNAV and VNAV before takeoff. You can only engage autoflight once airborne.Mark.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Dear Mark,Thank you very much for your instructions. I understand.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihra

Aircraft MD-11...Most of the time I hit the Autoflight button at the correct ALT sometimes I get screamed at by this female "Autopilot", "Autopilot!!!" This is a a dumb question, and maybe it's in the manual someplace, Is there a marker on the Strip that tells you when to push the Autoflight button?I have read several pages of the manual, but being a new user I haven't gotten to that section....I just want to get this plane in the air and fly by the "seat of my pants", but you can't necessary do that with this marvelous machine...I just can't wait to jump into the cockpit and get going...Robert Adams FDX183

Bob Adams

I have read several pages of the manual, but being a new user I haven't gotten to that section....Robert Adams FDX183
Look at the PMDG MD-11 Simulation Flight Crew Operating Manual.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Aircraft MD-11...Most of the time I hit the Autoflight button at the correct ALT sometimes I get screamed at by this female "Autopilot", "Autopilot!!!" This is a a dumb question, and maybe it's in the manual someplace, Is there a marker on the Strip that tells you when to push the Autoflight button?I have read several pages of the manual, but being a new user I haven't gotten to that section....I just want to get this plane in the air and fly by the "seat of my pants", but you can't necessary do that with this marvelous machine...I just can't wait to jump into the cockpit and get going...Robert Adams FDX183
You will - Engage at AT LEAST 400feet ABOVE GROUND LEVEL. (Enough shouting lol)John Ellison

John, Just to let you know I "got it!" Flying the PMDG MD-11 for FS9Maybe you can help me. This might have something to with the ASV6.5 weather machine I am using and this doesn't happen all the time so maybe it's a strong down draft, but after lifting off and clearing the R/W the plane will reach an ALT of around 1500 to 2000 feet then will make a sudden dip (the protection scheme will activate) then recover after a few seconds and climb to 10000 feet at 250kts or the default setting...After I pass a waypoint on the SID I first click on RMS SPD then increase the ALT...From that point on the aircraft engines will go into the THRUST mode to climb to say FL310...Depending on the weather it will be smooth or quite choppie..on the TO/APPR page (Takeoff) I usually set the Flex to either 50 or 32...Not really sure how to set this except it most depend on weight of the aircraft...Also flaps 22...Not sure how to set the "thrust limits" on that page...I also noticed if I set in the FMS flight plan all the STAR waypoints about 1000 ft lower than on the charts it works out much better for automatic landing and a perfect flair above the R/W. If I don't, then I usually fly over the field and flying too fast so have to make a go around and line up for another approach...

Bob Adams