Sign in to follow this  
Guest _Christopher_

FSX - Screenshot Utility that Works?

Guest Christopher_D

Hello, all.Okay so recently I started publishing product reviews again on my web site, but I am unsure if it is the fact that I am using a 64 bit OS now or if it is GPU related, but all of a sudden, it seems that no matter what Screenshot Utility I use I cannot get a successful screenshot. After doing a flight and taking screenshots, I go to review the shots and they are solid black! I can get good screenshots of my desktop and even the FSX menu, but once I actually load the flight, the utilities only take solid black images.I have tried:Screenshot Utility (trial version)MWSnapScreenshot CaptorWay back in FS9 days I used to use a small utility called Rapidshot, which worked great, but it is not compatible with 64 bit apparently, so I am looking for something that works with FSX.Any ideas? Help would be greatly appreciated. It's embarrasing to have developers looking at you for a review and all you can get are black screens :(Chris

Indeed. Push "Prt Scr". Open Paint. Push "Ctrl+v. ?Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Why not use the "V" key within FSX to take your screen shot?? The captured screen shots will be recorded to ....\username\Pictures\Flight Simulator X Files

Guest Christopher_D
Why not use the "V" key within FSX to take your screen shot?? The captured screen shots will be recorded to ....\username\Pictures\Flight Simulator X Files
I am going to be the target of tomatoes and other various missile launchable fruits and veggies when i say this, but . . . . I never knew FSX had it's own internal screenshot shortcut!!!! I will check that out now.Printscreen works, but it's a pain in the neck to minimize FSX every time I want to take a shot -- especially when doing multiple shots of a takeoff to try to get the perfect angle. Thanks for the suggestion though :-)Many thanks to sargeski for the tip -- I seriously never knew FSX had it's own utility. I guess our sim is like flying a real world aircraft -- you learn something new about it every day (Last week -- "Wow -- I never knew a stall could do THAT!")Chris

Guest Christopher_D

Actually I am finding the FSX "V" shortcut to be very handy. So no need for a utility any more. Going to still look at that "Snapper" though just in case :-) Thanks.

The V key is what i use - you get a high quality BMP file which you can alter and compress with a common graphics program.

Guest Christopher_D

Actually, no :-) I am running Vista x64 and it is producing in nice BMP files. Just completed my first review tonight as a result. Hopefully it'll be published in a week. :-)I appreciate all of your help on finding that shortcut.

I use FsScreen, I know its @ flightsim.com.You just press "prt scr" in game and it saves on your hard drives. Then you edit the bmp in Gimp or whatever

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I used Fraps to take the pictures that I recently posted in the Screenshots forum.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png