Sign in to follow this  
Guest Van

Problems with the probst 727 panel ver.4

I can't get the bitmap image for the overhead panel to show up. The gauges and switches are there, but no bitmap image. Any one else having this problem?This has got to be one of the finest panels around! Thanks Richard! Robert RohwerWisconsin, USA

Go into the panel.cfg and change the window name, it is named wrong in the panel.cfg file.Sean

Guest mikehaska

Actually, that doesn't fix the problem. I tried solving this a few days ago, and here is what I found.Indeed, the file alias is wrong, but when you do change it, you realize that the switches are misplaced in relation to the overhead bitmap. When I tried shifting the gauge down (all the switches are arranged in one gauge file, not separate gauges), the top ones are aligned, but the bottom ones are not.It appears as if a) the bitmap was not made for that gauge layout, and that :( Mr. Probst knew that this wouldn't work, so he deactivated the bitmap...Here is a picture of how the gauges do not line up at the bottom, but do at the top:http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/6403.jpg

Thanks, Sean & Mike.I was able to get the correct name in the panel.cfg file and the gauges and switches don't line up but the panel looks better than it did without the bitmap, IMHO. I guess that Mr. Probst is aware of the problem an will fix it in due course. Regards, Robert RohwerWisconsin, USA

Guest Van

There is another post on this topic and there is nothing wrong with the overhead and everything is named appropriately in the panel cfg. You are suppose to use Ctrl and 5 on the number pad with num lock off and release the Ctrl key before the 5 and the overhead stays open...then just put num lock back on and hit any nuber key to exit the overhead. This is the way Richard intended the overhead to be opened and its the only way to get the look up view he wanted so that you can see the clouds etc through the overhead windows. When opening the overhead this way...all the gauges are lined up correctly on the overhead bitmap and you should NOT change anything in the panel cfg.Regards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns/AFG Team

Guest mikehaska

Van- I gave that a try, and it does work. I've never seen an overhead panel done in that manner before.Thanks for posting a fix!

Guest Van

Richard did the overhead that way because of the view up option. If he had done it the traditional way, then you would get a view forward view and it's not as realistic that way. I did a flight the other day and when I was passing through some clouds I switched to the overhead view and while looking through the small overhead windows I saw the clouds above me, it was quite impressive.My pleasure giving you the heads up :)Regards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns/AFG Group