Sign in to follow this  
Garry J. Smith

Something for Nothing

Hi Simmers,Well, who says "You can't get nothing for free on the INTERNET" - I beg to differ :( I have finally got all of the Mike Stone FS2004 aircraft web pages all settled down and stabilized for distribution of his fun creations.All 108 FS2004 models are now available for your flying pleasure - all can be downloaded independently - all in straightforward Zip files that can be dropped straight into your FS2004 aircraft directory. Many come with "Blank Texture" sets for those that want to get stuck in and repaint their favorite liveries.Also the Mike Stone web pages have back references to liveries for many of the models that I have repainted.All of the Aircraft are FREE, all of my repaints for his aircraft are FREE - no blatant advertising, no membership requirements - simply surf, download and enjoy.Where: http://www.gjsmith.net/Mike-Stone/index.htm What is available : (sorry big picture below for a big number of free aircraft) :( Mike-All-full.jpgSo good friends and simmers, drop on over and enjoy some enjoyable models - from historical to modern, military and civilian, and even some fanciful imaginative creations by Mike.Regards and happy simming.

Guest lgvpilot1

Is this the same link as the one Opa posted about two weeks ago?Mark

Hi Mark,Yes it is the same link - but much has changed - all aircraft are now recompiled downloads - they used to be self installing executables - which in the old days you got one every now and again from Mike. But because people are grabbing handfulls of the models they are getting too many "uninstall" routines added to their desktop/menus. I have rebuilt all of the downloads to be zip files to be simply unzipped into the FS2004 aircraft directory.This was done in batches over the last couple of weeks - big job - but all finalised now to be clean simple zip files for unzipping without excess baggage.Also some additional links to liveries that I have dragged out of archives and made available are now listed.Added a Counters page that gives individual download counts for each aircraft so that people can have a look at what is popular .Because of the radical changes I thought it warranted to advise AVSIM and other patrons that it is all now finalised and not much else will change from this point on.Regards and happy simming.

Guest lgvpilot1

Consider it re-bookmarked!!Nice one Mark

Guest belga1

Hello,Thank's ... great jobMike Stone ... a milestone of FS :)Regards.bye.gif

Guest magnum_force

Thanks allot for the work you put into this web page. That is decent of you to say the least.And we miss you guys and your modeling.Whatever happened to Mike Stone.Is he still mad at the whole flight sim community.? :( If I remember right, a few years ago he was P.O.ed about complaints to some of his models, but I never saw anything to complain about except maybe frame rate issues which I still don't notice using his KC-135's.Computers have advanced so much I don't think newer computers even notice a little frame rate hit from the detailed models he produced.I guess he was ahead of his time.I wish he would have modeled a RC-135 before he left the community.Thanks GarryRoger Martin

Guest magnum_force

Thanks allot for the work you put into this web page. That is decent of you to say the least.And we miss you guys and your modeling.Whatever happened to Mike Stone.Is he still mad at the whole flight sim community.? :( If I remember right, a few years ago he was P.O.ed about complaints to some of his models, but I never saw anything to complain about except maybe frame rate issues which I still don't notice using his KC-135's.Computers have advanced so much I don't think newer computers even notice a little frame rate hit from the detailed models he produced.I guess he was ahead of his time.I wish he would have modeled a RC-135 before he left the community.Thanks GarryRoger MartinI double posted somehow, sorry guys, I don't even know how I did it.

HI Mate,Thanks for your appreciation of the Web pages I created for Mike's stuff - lots of work - but needed to be done to keep Mike's many creations alive for New and Old simmers. :( Mike suffers now from some very serious health issues and I believe will not return to the Flight Sim modelling stage again. With his health and the unwarranted abuse he frequently got for his KISS methodology for his FREE models he just does not need nor want that stress any more.Regards mate and happy simming to all.

Guest Tingoose
Thanks allot for the work you put into this web page. That is decent of you to say the least.And we miss you guys and your modeling.Whatever happened to Mike Stone.Is he still mad at the whole flight sim community.? :( If I remember right, a few years ago he was P.O.ed about complaints to some of his models, but I never saw anything to complain about except maybe frame rate issues which I still don't notice using his KC-135's.Computers have advanced so much I don't think newer computers even notice a little frame rate hit from the detailed models he produced.I guess he was ahead of his time.I wish he would have modeled a RC-135 before he left the community.Thanks GarryRoger MartinI double posted somehow, sorry guys, I don't even know how I did it.
I'm surprised to hear that there were complaints about frame rate issues with Mike's planes. In my experience they are some of the easiest on frames. In fact so much so, that if I wanted a couple of unusual aAI aircraft I'd use Mike's, eg Falcon 2000 for which there was and still is no AI version (?); and despite the fact that he built them for flying, they seemed to make little impact on frames as AI, and also, despite the fact that of course, they don't have LOD models. Still, you wouldn't want to overdo it with too many. Thank you to Mike.