Sign in to follow this  
Charlie Chew

No pitot tube?

Forgive me if this has already been covered in another thread--I did a search and wasn't able to find an answer.Was the VC in the default C-172 modeled without a pitot tube? I can't seem to find it. Shows up in spot view, though.

"Even Ozzy's wagging his tail again. Liam who?"

Guest Aviator4life

No worries "Charlie Chew". You can't see it because the view of it from the interior is obstructed by the bottom, of the upper edge, of the left door, which frames the left door window. But just because you can't see it doesn't mean it isn't there, right? :( Best Regards :(

Hmmm... I use Freetrack (a TrackIR alternative), so I've been able to poke my head out the window, so to speak, but I still haven't been able to spot it. Maybe I've got a graphics glitch?

I think you're overly concerned for a rather small issue. :(

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I suppose that as long as my ASI is working, I shouldn't worry--It means I've got a pitot tube somewhere. Maybe a mechanic swapped my tube for the one on Wonder Woman's invisible jet.

Seriously though, could someone please let me know if they can see a pitot tube in the C172? I'd just like to know if it's supposed to be there in VC view, and if there's possibly something wrong with my FSX install.

No, there isn't one visible in the VC.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I recall seeing the pitot tube from spot view in the default C172. It is on the left wing of the plane, it looks like a "L" tilted to the right and flipped. Don't recall if I saw it in the VC though, but I think it is there. You have to look carefully, you won't recognize it right away.Here is a real world pic:http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/instr.../pitot-tube.jpgI'll try and get a pic of it up as soon as I can and finish my homework, to point it out.EDIT: I checked and I saw the pitot tube was not in the VC model. Oh well! You can't see it that well from the normal viewpoint of a C172 anyways...

I can confirm; it is not in the VC view, nor is it is in the 2D view. It is in the outside spot view, though. Funny.. I never missed it... ... I never thought Microsoft could be this cheap! :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I can confirm; it is not in the VC view, nor is it is in the 2D view. It is in the outside spot view, though. Funny.. I never missed it... ... I never thought Microsoft could be this cheap! :(
Hey! Those extra vertices cost a lot of money... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I bet they saved enough money on the missing pitot tube that they could continue the fs series-until it was found that they left out the adf antenna...that caused the whole mayhem we face now :( ...