Sign in to follow this  
Guest UweR

SimSystems Garmin530

Guest progrmr

When Sim Systems sold the source code to their products it was stated that FSFlightmax and FSGarmin in the current state would be available for free download.I haven't seen them though - anybody heard or know anything?

Guest Aidi

Still no word as yet. Just so your aware, there is a dedicated forum on Avsim for FSAvionics which covers both FsFltmax and FSGarmin. Drop in from time to time and any annoucments will be posted there.RgdsAidihttp://www.avsim.com/vfr_center/avsim_sig.jpg

Guest progrmr

Thx! I wasn't aware of this forum.

Guest UweR

I doubt that you can rely on that statement. I consider John to be a friend, nevertheless has nothing he wrote in his final statement come true yet.My best bet for the potential buyer is www.appollosoftware.com I think they may ran into difficulties with their FS Air Map. If this is true, there won

Guest UweR

Well, I stand corrected. The cat

Isn't the new owner a guy called B. Gates? The new GPS is looking a lot like the FSGarmin? Just a thought......

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Tino,actually the future FS GPS looks a lot like the one found here:www.garmin.comIt appears though that either the freeware Garmin for FS2002, or the Reality XP Garmin (Flight Line 530XP) both uses the official Garmin Ltd. 500 series trainer as an helper application which runs in the background. As such, both the freeware and the Reality XP garmin looks the same (at least from the screen perspective :-) ), provides the same database, the same menus, the same functions. They differ in their implementation though and a number of functions, user interface, panel integration and virtual cockpit implementation, TCAS and a couple others to name a few. Worth mentioning, the Reality XP Garmin GPSS (autopilot integration) works per Garmin specs and turn anticipate, takes in account the cross wind and flies DME arcs.The future FS garmin then "looks like" a Garmin and should, as far as the advertisement claims, provides a number of similar functions.The rest is speculation only.Hope this helps!