Sign in to follow this  
gator319

Invisible AI

I've searched and searched the forums and can't seem to resolve this problem. At dusk, all my AI aircraft become invisible....nav lights and beacons only. I'm running the latest nVidia driver as of today (03-08-09) with a clean install, FSX w/ Acceleration. I've followed NickN's guide to the letter including the use of nHancer.My system:Windows Vista Ultimate 64 SP1Intel i7 at 3.2GHz8g DDR-3 1330MHz, timing 9, 9, 9, 24GeForce GTX 280Motherboard DX58S0Nothing overclocked

Try turning off;DX-10,orAircraft shadows.Maybe even scenery shadows.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Try turning off;DX-10,orAircraft shadows.Maybe even scenery shadows.Bob
If you mean DX-10 preview....it's off. I'll try the shadows; however, those come in handy during landing. Haven't heard many good things about DX-10, which is what I have on my system. Is there a way to downgrade to DX-9? Id' like to give that a try.

If you mean DX-10 preview....it's off. I'll try the shadows; however, those come in handy during landing. Haven't heard many good things about DX-10, which is what I have on my system. Is there a way to downgrade to DX-9? Id' like to give that a try.
With DX10 Preview unticked, you are running DX9.

With DX10 Preview unticked, you are running DX9.
No kidding. When I run DXdiag it says my version is 10.

No kidding. When I run DXdiag it says my version is 10.
And if a game requires DX9, or is not DX10 compatible, DX10 falls back to DX9 mode - which is what happens when you untick DX10 Preview in FSX.

Here is what mine says:
You are running Vista which has DX10 native support. DirectX has always been backwards compatible....so if you are not running FSX in DX10 preview mode...as stated previously by filotUK you are running FSX in DX9 mode plain and simple.The DirectX diagnostic tool is just telling you that your system has DirectX 10 installed. If you install a DirectX 8 title on your machine and run the title it will run in DX8 mode.

You are running Vista which has DX10 native support. DirectX has always been backwards compatible....so if you are not running FSX in DX10 preview mode...as stated previously by filotUK you are running FSX in DX9 mode plain and simple.The DirectX diagnostic tool is just telling you that your system has DirectX 10 installed. If you install a DirectX 8 title on your machine and run the title it will run in DX8 mode.
I follow. I haven't found any solution to the invisible AI aircraft, stock aircraft, or add on aircraft. It's not isolated to just dusk. In addition, I realize alt + tab or alt +esc doesn't seem to function in FSX, even using alt + enter to switch to windowed mode to allow the engagement of other operations (check mail, internet) causes strange video issues. Some members have seen benefits by switching DX-10 preview mode on. I'll try it before changing drivers....again. Thanks.

I follow. I haven't found any solution to the invisible AI aircraft, stock aircraft, or add on aircraft. It's not isolated to just dusk. In addition, I realize alt + tab or alt +esc doesn't seem to function in FSX, even using alt + enter to switch to windowed mode to allow the engagement of other operations (check mail, internet) causes strange video issues. Some members have seen benefits by switching DX-10 preview mode on. I'll try it before changing drivers....again. Thanks.
You need to turn off Aircraft Casts Shadows on Ground.Also does this happen at every airport or just one?

Jim Wenham

You need to turn off Aircraft Casts Shadows on Ground.Also does this happen at every airport or just one?
Every airport and in flight at various altitudes. Switching from windowed mode to full screen exacerbates the issue, as well as brings on even stranger video issues. I have no add-on scenery as far as airports or geographic areas and just rebuilt my .cfg file. The only add-ons I have at the moment are Level-D 767 for FSX, ATR for FSX, and Traffic X. I'll try the shadows off even though I hate not having them.

So now are you saying default aircraft do this also? If addon AI craft do this, it's just that you are using FS9 style addons. FSX SP2 (or Acceleration) mess them up. But if default planes have a problem, then you have a corruption somewhere. Given your short cut trouble, you may need to do a repair from the DVD.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Guest 56th_Angel_Dust

Are you by any chance running MyTraffic X? I have had the same problem and I am not sure what the problem is but I am almost certain it is related to MyTraffic. Its not a constant thing just one of those annoying things that comes and goes.

So now are you saying default aircraft do this also? If addon AI craft do this, it's just that you are using FS9 style addons. FSX SP2 (or Acceleration) mess them up. But if default planes have a problem, then you have a corruption somewhere. Given your short cut trouble, you may need to do a repair from the DVD.Bob
It's not just addon AI, it's add on flyable and every now and then, default planes.

Are you by any chance running MyTraffic X? I have had the same problem and I am not sure what the problem is but I am almost certain it is related to MyTraffic. Its not a constant thing just one of those annoying things that comes and goes.
My AI program is by Just Flight and is called Traffic X (photo of manual 1st page below). Are they the same? They have similar names. From every thing I've read, all the AI are designed specifically for FSX.....no FS9 models/textures. Did they lie? I know it's hard to fathom. Should I delete Traffic X and acquire some other AI program?