Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

A plea to those of you waiting for news.

Captains!Forgive me if I seem a little preachy or whatever here but something has been bothering me a little over the past few days.In announcing an imminent release but not saying what it is, PMDG have spared everyone the frustration of a prolonged wait for this mystery aircraft.Yet they still get bagged for doing so, people implying that it's in some way mean or unfair to withhold the info, or judging on the merits of still-unknown factors. So what if RSR tells you what the plane is right now, it won't make it arrive any sooner right? Work remains to be done, after all. I don't know what the plane is either, and yet I'm just delighted at the unforeseen prospect of a new plane on approach. Is that not a better way of looking at it?Most of us spend at least a moderate amount of our disposable income on this hobby, some of us spend silly amounts on it. I hope that each of you take at least an equal amount of time out to fly your acquired technological marvels as you do pining on here for the next one to arrive.Remember how much anguish and frustration you felt during the long wait for the MD11? Don't forget it's there in the hangar for you to fly RIGHT now if you want, lonely tears streaking down its poor sad aluminum face. :( Go flying, people! Go and find out something cool and new about your plane! Go and land it somewhere you haven't been before!Once you've done that, come back and tell us about how it went, seek help about things you haven't worked out yet, share some experiences of your own. That is what this forum should be for, and we'd be happier people if we took the time to get the maximum utility and enjoyment from the add-ons we were all-too-recently dying to get our hands on.Rant ends. Happy flying!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Captains!Forgive me if I seem a little preachy or whatever here but something has been bothering me a little over the past few days.In announcing an imminent release but not saying what it is, PMDG have spared everyone the frustration of a prolonged wait for this mystery aircraft.Yet they still get bagged for doing so, people implying that it's in some way mean or unfair to withhold the info, or judging on the merits of still-unknown factors. So what if RSR tells you what the plane is right now, it won't make it arrive any sooner right? Work remains to be done, after all. I don't know what the plane is either, and yet I'm just delighted at the unforeseen prospect of a new plane on approach. Is that not a better way of looking at it?Most of us spend at least a moderate amount of our disposable income on this hobby, some of us spend silly amounts on it. I hope that each of you take at least an equal amount of time out to fly your acquired technological marvels as you do pining on here for the next one to arrive.Remember how much anguish and frustration you felt during the long wait for the MD11? Don't forget it's there in the hangar for you to fly RIGHT now if you want, lonely tears streaking down its poor sad aluminum face. :( Go flying, people! Go and find out something cool and new about your plane! Go and land it somewhere you haven't been before!Once you've done that, come back and tell us about how it went, seek help about things you haven't worked out yet, share some experiences of your own. That is what this forum should be for, and we'd be happier people if we took the time to get the maximum utility and enjoyment from the add-ons we were all-too-recently dying to get our hands on.Rant ends. Happy flying!
Who has been bagging whom out?Gerry

Who has been bagging whom out?Gerry
Perhaps me :( :( :( B) Because I know what the secret plane is and I'm not telling anyone B) All I can say is that what I've seen so far of it is pretty impressive....

Perhaps me :( Because I know what the secret plane is and I'm not telling anyone B) All I can say is that what I've seen so far of it is pretty impressive....
Rolling on the floor laughing Bryan - made my day :( As for me I'll just wait, I know these things take time and better to release when finished rather than release a half-baked product (like I just bought - NO I ain't saying what) lol.I'll be impressed, even if it is the pogo stick :( John Ellison

It seems like withstanding the pressure of secrecy is hard for byork, huh? :(

Iñigo Bildarratz

It seems like withstanding the pressure of secrecy is hard for byork, huh? :(
He wants to spill it, you can just see the virtual foaming at the mouth.

I took a nice flight in my MD-11 from EPWA to LMML today. Set it up for max passenger capacity and packed her out. Great flight, great piece of software :(

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest keiron

Good post and I respect what you're saying.However you have to put it into real perspective when you think of many in the audience. If you don't want "that kind of attention" don't say anything in the first place. It's a skool-boy error really. Think back to the good old playground daysKid 1: "Oh I got a secret!Kid 2: "Cool, what it is it? Tell meee"Kid 1: "Not telling, Nurrr nurrr bleeeeh!"Kid 2:" Awww come on nooo fair tell meee!"Kid 1: "Go away, not telling!"..and to be honest that example contrasts quite well on many of today's slightly more mature topics. But the outcome remains the same.I'm still enjoying the 747 let alone the MD-11! However I still feel about 5% "Kid 2" and have no shame in admitting that. :( Good luck with the release anyway, I'll be there at the finish line with my credit card.

Keiron-You mind telling us which of those kids has the lunch money? We'd like to "talk" to him. : :( We really haven't spoken much about this at all. In fact- it was first mentioned here in the forum with one of the various updates prior to the MD-11 release for FS9- and it went almost entirely un-noticed. (Proof that nobody reads what i post... <sniff>)What created this interest we see of late is nearly the same reference information given to a french flightsimming website. Someone re-posted the information here and it has been rather amusing to watch the conjecture grow and change shape.I think what Mark is alluding to is the gripers/nay-sayers and complainers who have been attacking us for details that they've invented themselves- or simply assumed... On one hand- it is really nice to know that you guys are so excited about the prospect of something new and unexpected coming from PMDG... (like a full airplane simulation developed in under 2 years???? That is EXCITING for all of us too- because we've been saying for years that i can be done!) And on the other hand- we are glad to know that the decisions we make and the products we produce are important enough to evoke REAL emotion from our customers.We just want to make sure nobody goes pulling hair or knocking in teeth over details they have made up themselves... that wouldn't be a good use of anyone's time. (And the guy who's post originally followed here- it was deleted because you didn't sign your name... please see the forum guidelines!)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Perhaps me :( :( B) Because I know what the secret plane is and I'm not telling anyone B) All I can say is that what I've seen so far of it is pretty impressive....
Maybe Mr. Randazzo will think twice about telling Mr. York his secrets next time, I'm sure there will be a time that he can't contain himself! :(

Keiron-You mind telling us which of those kids has the lunch money? We'd like to "talk" to him. : :( We really haven't spoken much about this at all. In fact- it was first mentioned here in the forum with one of the various updates prior to the MD-11 release for FS9- and it went almost entirely un-noticed. (Proof that nobody reads what i post... <sniff>)What created this interest we see of late is nearly the same reference information given to a french flightsimming website. Someone re-posted the information here and it has been rather amusing to watch the conjecture grow and change shape.I think what Mark is alluding to is the gripers/nay-sayers and complainers who have been attacking us for details that they've invented themselves- or simply assumed... On one hand- it is really nice to know that you guys are so excited about the prospect of something new and unexpected coming from PMDG... (like a full airplane simulation developed in under 2 years???? That is EXCITING for all of us too- because we've been saying for years that i can be done!) And on the other hand- we are glad to know that the decisions we make and the products we produce are important enough to evoke REAL emotion from our customers.We just want to make sure nobody goes pulling hair or knocking in teeth over details they have made up themselves... that wouldn't be a good use of anyone's time. (And the guy who's post originally followed here- it was deleted because you didn't sign your name... please see the forum guidelines!)
That'd be me Robert! Sorry about that! In fact I might even add it as signature now you mention it.CheersRudy