I'm a first time repainter, and I'm trying to paint the winglets for the Jet2 757 G-LSAB for the PSS 757.I've created the textures (by modifying the original), but the winglets aren't displaying properly when using fs9.After making the bitmap, I converted it to 32bit extended format with DXT BMP.I'v attached screenshots of the textures, and what actually displays. The Jet2.com logo is supposed to be on the outside of the winglet - which it is in the screenshot. But the inside of the winglet is supposed to be blank with just red, but the texture appears to be wrapping around the text to the inside. Any idea what that is, and how I fix it?

Aren't there no other 757 with text on winglets to see what they look like?

Aren't there no other 757 with text on winglets to see what they look like?
I found an AA on AVSIM: wl_aal_n191an_american.zipand the winglets look like this:So, I cannot imagine what is wrong with your repaint.

Assuming you use DTXBmp (or equivalent) and an edit program (such as Photoshop), like most people do....Work it out with FSRepaint. Load the texture from within FSRepaint ( a nice feature), and then use any paintbrush on that part. It updates on your model shown in FSRepaint and in real time. Then just say "No" to the Save question when you ultimately exit that aircraft.This should be very easy to do !If you don't have FSRepaint, do yourself a huge favor..... Get it. This same general method is great for identifying texture skins on the aircraft, and orientations. You can also see your edit results very quickly.Also see Leen's very neat trick for skin identification at.... http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=241983It works great.Bob (Las Cruces, NM)

Assuming you use DTXBmp (or equivalent) and an edit program (such as Photoshop), like most people do....Work it out with FSRepaint. Load the texture from within FSRepaint ( a nice feature), and then use any paintbrush on that part. It updates on your model shown in FSRepaint and in real time. Then just say "No" to the Save question when you ultimately exit that aircraft.This should be very easy to do !If you don't have FSRepaint, do yourself a huge favor..... Get it. This same general method is great for identifying texture skins on the aircraft, and orientations. You can also see your edit results very quickly.Also see Leen's very neat trick for skin identification at.... http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=241983It works great.Bob (Las Cruces, NM)
Thanks for your replies.Using FSRepaint, it appears that only the centre two winglets (ones with jet2.com logo) are active. These are being wrapped around both sides of the winglet. The extreme right and left winglet textures seem to be inactive.I'm still at a loss however...

Guest lgvpilot1
Thanks for your replies.Using FSRepaint, it appears that only the centre two winglets (ones with jet2.com logo) are active. These are being wrapped around both sides of the winglet. The extreme right and left winglet textures seem to be inactive.I'm still at a loss however...
PSS have some "different" ways of doing things to be polite Try drawing a thin vertical line down the winglet on the side you wish to use then expand it to find where the overlap occurs Its a bit hit and miss but eventually you get the idea of what is going on !!I have the 757 paint kit and if you are still having problems let me know and i will see if i can re create your problem EDITI have just looked at that kit and it looks like you are right , it may show four parts for the winglets , but only the inner two seem to be used in FS9 (thanks again PSS, great job!!!)Mark