Sign in to follow this  
scott967

.air file, .mdl file & aircraft.cfg: come on gurus!!!

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi friends,i need infos on subject.If, for example, i have an aircraft, let's say B737 with a B737.air and a B737.mdl and want to change its .air file with BX737.air, can i simply replace B737.air with BX737.air and change entry in aircraft.cfg (sim=B737 > sim=BX737)?Or i must rename BX737.air to read B737.air and do not edit aircraft.cfg?My question because often .mdl file has the same name as .air file; so i ask does this matter? Or i can change .air names overriding .mdl's?Thanks in advanceLuigi ;-)

You can make the edit with no problem....The aircraft.cfg only cares where the model folder is (a blank after "Model=" assumes the default model folder). The model.cfg file in the model folder is where the .mdl name is noted. The .mdl file and .air file can share the same name, or have different ones. But renaming one or the other only involves and edit to either the model.cfg(mdl) or aircraft.cfg(.air).-JohnNote: I have Harald Nehring's Airbus A310, which has quite a few model files associated with it. I only use one aircraft.cfg, and my model folder names are like this:model.304model.324model.325etc....For each model and paint, I have a section in the aircraft.cfg. In each section I have the model line, which can be:model=304model=324model=325, etc....

Either way will work, renaming the airfile or changing the line in the CFG what points to the airfile.Johan[A HREF=http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk]Phoenix Simulation Software[/A]-----http://www.people.zeelandnet.nl/johdUnofficial PSS Website

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Thanks a lot my friends.Glad to know it'll work either way: was afraid not to keep nice features in newest .mdl cheersLuigi ;-)

I think you can run into problems if you don't edit the aircraft.cfg to better fit your .mdl and .air files. For example, station loads, contact points, CG and geometry, flaps. I have been using aircraft container manager, which provides nice ability to review and edit aircraft.cfg files.scott s..