Sign in to follow this  
Guest SIX

Will Microsoft

For those of us who do not fly on-line (sorry no broadband service in my area) I still use adventures and I loved Ralph's Real ATC to this day I still use ALL of his ATC sounds while using Ear Candy and RCv3.This will be sad it we are not able to use the adventures that Ralph has created the three real flights are outstanding and a Must have IMHO. I am looking forward to what else Ralph has up his sleeve us in the future and I hope someway Ralph will be able to some how adapt his new works for FS2004 :)JohnP4 2.53Ghz, ASUS P4S8X Mobo, 512Mb Ram PC2700, G4 MX 440 AGP, SB Live, Win98SE, (2) 80GM Maxtor 7200 RPM drives.

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

Guest SIX

Hey John, if it makes you feel anybetter VATSIM doesn't take up hardly any bandwidth at all, all graphics reside on your computer and the only thing it sends and receives is location information and text. I ran a 26.4 dial up line on over 1000 hours (no exagerations)on VATSIM. This is my first month with DSL :) I can't tell any difference between 26.4 and DSL when it comes to VATSIM. :)`-----------Wilson HinesChief CaptainBush Logistics Corp.http://heavylhc.comAOL IM: dal276wh

Kevin,I appreciate your thoughts on the subjcet. However, the quotes in the artuicle are from Microsoft themselves. In the FS2002 ABL SDK, they announced that it was a replacement language for APL. In the compatibilty section of Century of Flight, they make no mention of anything other than planes and scenery.Bottom line is that ABL is not the same as APLC and the ability to do some really cool things may be lost. Respectfully,Ralph Zimmerman

Thanks for your viewpoints, wilson. All of the people who criticize adventures haven't flown nor tried themI never said that they were better of a replacement for anything. Simply different and unique and that fols should try them before it;s too late.Respectfully,Ralph

Ferman Fernandez has an excellent site at www.fsadventures.com

Guest SIX

Hey Ralph,No probs, even though I don't necessarily use Adventures allot I can see value in them. Also, I went to Ferman's site and all that I can find is his consulting services. Along those same lines, let me clarify exactly what I am talking about when I say a fansite:I don't have a problem in the world with people making payware add-ons, like I said in another post, I have tons of them and have made a substantial investment in the payware community. But, a "fansite" would be a non-profit and neutral organization like AVSIM.com or FSGateway or something of that manner. The fansite would be a place where people who enjoy Adventures could get in and find more info about their part of the hobby. That is what I am talking about :)-----------Wilson HinesChief CaptainBush Logistics Corp.http://heavylhc.comAOL IM: dal276wh

Thanks for the kind words about my work, John. I'm amazed at how many people criticise adventure programming and what's been done with it without having tried this other way of enjoyment or what can be done with it. Most peple seem to think is either or and it's not like that at all. But you, know since you flown the ultimate in reality.I don't know what FS2004 might bring or if I can adapt what I've done to it or not. Best regards,Ralph

I paid more than 1000$ for all of the addons... Almost everything from PSS, CaptainSim, Carenado, Dreamfleet, fsscene, fsd, vans, uk2000, mytraffic, swedflight, simflyers, aerosoft, lago, many things form flight1 etc...................so I'm little worry about new FS. Most of those things should work, but........ we will see...Jacek

Guest SIX

It doesn't take long at all. Scenery is the bigest investment and I have a TON of simcharts that I forgot to include in the last figure I put out. It just doesn't take long at all.As far as being concerned about the new FS 2k4. I will keep FS2k2 on my machine for a real, real long time :)-----------Wilson HinesChief CaptainBush Logistics Corp.http://heavylhc.comAOL IM: dal276wh

PLease visit Fermin's site again - the front page gives details of about 20 hand made custom adventures. www.fsadventures.netBest regards,Ralph

Guest H_Kev55

Ralph,While I believe you bring up a very valid point, even though MS themselves describe the language as being different, this does not mean that the great authors of adventures are necessarily without a way to produce adventures.While the article you mention does not state adventures singularly, I believe MS has gone to great lengths to make FS9 backwards compatible.I guess only time will tell if the adventure portion of FS9 will be as expandable as the rest of the sim.The article that you posted is very informative and quite eye opening. I only hope that someone from MS has read this and questions have been asked that can be answered to most adventure pilots.My point was not to criticise you or your post. But simply to remind everyone that it's easy to complain when you don't know all the aspects of an upcoming release. It's easier to have a negative point of view towards MS and FS9 b/c things we personally think should be added or removed from the sim.You never know, maybe FS9 will be an improvement for adventure authors. Or do you? :-)KJ

Thanks for your viewpoint. I certainly don't have any inside information from anyone. Only that MS said with ABL SDK that it was a replacement language for APL but in my humble opinion, it certainly is not in it's current form.Regardless, all I was saying is that it looks like we're going to lose the ability to do some really cool things if MS goes down the path they indicated they might. And I was simply trying to encourage people to give these experiences a test flight or two before they might not be able to.Best regards,Ralph