Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Nice surprise replacing AP in Carenado C182Q

I really like the Carenado C182Q, but I'm less than thrilled with the antique Navomaticautopilot.So, I decided to see if it could be replaced.First step is to comment out the AP gauge in the panel.cfg file, to see what remains behindin the panel when the old gauge is removed. Many newer airplanes have various knobsdefined in the model file which are non-removable and interfere with any new gaugethat one might wish to install.Nice surprise ! Not only are there no knobs, but Carenado actually shows an emptyslot in the panel, ready to slide a new AP unit into! I installed the Carenado Mooney AP which works great.This is a little bit of "above and beyond" from Carenado which I really appreciate !

Bert

Guest pete1_leeds

cool, keep us updated on what you put in the slot

cool, keep us updated on what you put in the slot
Here you go..

Bert

Here you go..
Looks like everything is mounted properly and screwed in tight.Good job. I will probably do the same for my 182 as well. Looking for a more advanced unit. Did you get this one from RealityXP?

Hi Bert,I like your modification very much. Hence I would like to do the same.I would appreciate very much if you could display the changes you made in the panel.cfg file.

Best regards from RelaxX

Hi Bert,I like your modification very much. Hence I would like to do the same.I would appreciate very much if you could display the changes you made in the panel.cfg file.
//--------------------------------------------------------[Window09].....//gauge02=Cessna182QRadios!RadioAP2, 12,10,368//--------------------------------------------------------[Vcockpit02].....gauge00=Cessna182QRadios!RadioMainVC, 0,0,256,359//gauge01=Cessna182QRadios!RadioAP2, 256,0,256,113gauge01=RadioMoney!RadioAP, 256,0,256,64If you have the Carenado Mooney, this will work.If not, try substitutinggauge01=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio AP, 256,0,256,64To get the blank at the bottom, addgauge09=MyGauges!Blank_Panel,256,64,254,45and send me an e-mail to get a copy of this little blank gauge whichcomes in handy when you are fitting half-high avionics into full high slots :( bpieke at gmail.com

Bert

Guest JimC1702

Thanks Bert! I'm going to give this a whirl when I get home. The lack of a modern AP has kept me from flying the 182 as much as I'd like.Jim

Guest JimC1702

Thanks Bert, worked like a charm!Jim

Hi Bert,I also did your modern AP modification to the virtual cockpit of the C182Q. Thank you for it.I was wondering if it is also is possible to put the modern AP in the 2D panel of the C182Q?Bob Anderson

Hi Bert,I also did your modern AP modification to the virtual cockpit of the C182Q. Thank you for it.I was wondering if it is also is possible to put the modern AP in the 2D panel of the C182Q?Bob Anderson
Bob, I rarely visit the 2d cockpit, but as best I recall the AP is accessed via a popup panel... so you'dhave to change Window09...Try this and see if it does the job for you..//--------------------------------------------------------[Window09]......//gauge02=Cessna182QRadios!RadioAP2, 12,10,368gauge02=RadioMoney!RadioAP, 12,10,368gauge03=MyGauges!Blank_Panel,12,104,368,65

Bert

I really like the Carenado C182Q, but I'm less than thrilled with the antique Navomaticautopilot.
Heck Bert, go all they way...Here is my RG, but the Q is set-up the same. Friendly Panel radio sets, and RXP Garmin: :(

Looks great.. but the radio stack in the Q has 3d non removable knobs which would require a hacksaw :(

Bert

Looks great.. but the radio stack in the Q has 3d non removable knobs which would require a hacksaw :(
Not mine. And it is the latest FSX version....unless they have changed it.Here is my Q with the 430, in this case, I didn't need to fill the recessed storage bin.182q430.jpg

Hey Bert,I now have the AP in the 2D panel as you have it pictured. Really appreciate your help on this.Best Regards,Bob

Not mine. And it is the latest FSX version....unless they have changed it.Here is my Q with the 430, in this case, I didn't need to fill the recessed storage bin.
Well, I'll be... looks really nice.I actually do like the "authentic look" of the older avionics that Carenado provides,it was just the Navomatic I was not too happy with.

Bert