Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Nice surprise replacing AP in Carenado C182Q

I now have the AP in the 2D panel as you have it pictured. Really appreciate your help on this.
Hi Bob,I would appreciate very much if you could display the changes you made for the 2D panel in the panel.cfg file.

Best regards from RelaxX

Hi Bob,I would appreciate very much if you could display the changes you made for the 2D panel in the panel.cfg file.
Maybe can you upload your new panel.cfg.Thanks :-)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

See post #10, above.. change the Window09 lines.

Bert

Looks great.. but the radio stack in the Q has 3d non removable knobs which would require a hacksaw :(
Only the Cessna 152 and 172N have 3D knobs sofar and all new releases will probably have these. However, the FSX native releases of older Carenado Cessna's as well as the Cherokee 180F have perfectly editable radiostacks. (I expect the panels of the future FSX native release of the Carenado Cessna 210, the Piper Archer, Piper Dakota and the Beechcrafts to be editable as well). Not so the U206G; it does not have 3D knobs, but the stack isn't modelled flat, so adding a Garmin in the nav/com1 slot results in a nice black stripe across the unit (I believe the same goes for the Mooney).It is fun though these panels of the older Carenado aircraft can be edited easily with Notepad or FS Panelstudio. I have multiple panel configurations for my 182Q and 182RG, using addon gauges by Friendly Panels, Reality XP and Simflyer. Too bad I cannot diversify my Cessna 152 and Cessna 172 because of the knobs :(

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Hi Bob,I have implemted the code of post 10 and it's working.However, I am loooking for a code to replace the old fashioned AP in the 2D main panel. Is this [Window00]? Any solution?

Best regards from RelaxX

RelazX & David,Sorry for the delay in replying. Bert has given the info you need in Post #10.Bob
Thanks Bob.Best regards,

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Hi Bob,I have implemted the code of post 10 and it's working.However, I am loooking for a code to replace the old fashioned AP in the 2D main panel. Is this [Window00]? Any solution?
I'm not Bob..but have a look at the bmp file: Carenado Panel 182Q IFR.bmpYou'll see that the Navomatic AP is part of the bitmap.. You would have to overlay or edit to hide this AP and replace it with something else.This is in Window07.Given that all this AP does, is to pop up a panel (Window09) when you click on it... it may be more trouble than it is worth,but have a go at it, and report back!

Bert

Thanks Bert,I am going to live with the existing situation.May be a solution will be provided by someone in the near future. :(

Best regards from RelaxX

Guest Aggie

The advice in this thread has driven me to start experimenting with panels for the first time ... I hope soon to have my 182s and the 206 fitted out in full friendly panels style :).I am having a little more difficulty figuring out exactly what I need to do with the 172 though. I've noticed the issue here mentioned with the 3D knobs, what I would like to do is place a newer, decimal capable NDB radio and an autopilot in the windows opened with shift-n, but so far I've not managed to make it work.Does anyone more knowledgeable have time to give me a nudge in the right direction?

The advice in this thread has driven me to start experimenting with panels for the first time ... I hope soon to have my 182s and the 206 fitted out in full friendly panels style :).I am having a little more difficulty figuring out exactly what I need to do with the 172 though. I've noticed the issue here mentioned with the 3D knobs, what I would like to do is place a newer, decimal capable NDB radio and an autopilot in the windows opened with shift-n, but so far I've not managed to make it work.Does anyone more knowledgeable have time to give me a nudge in the right direction?
Hmmm, not sure what you are having difficulties with... but first of all, each window has a name which you can also find in the panel.cfg fileSecondly, shift-n typically opens Window (n-1)... so shift-4 opens Window03.In each of these Window definitions, you'll see the size of the Window (width and height) and a number of gauge definitions.You can freely delete (or comment out //) any gauges you do not want to see or add any new gauges that you do want.You can also change the size of the window..In a message higher up in the thread, I indicate how to change Window09 as an example.If you want to send me an e-mail with more specific questions, my e-mail address is also to be found above...I'll be happy to help.Lastly, you can buy a copy of FS Panel Studio if you want a tool that allows click and drop editing of the panel file.

Bert

The 3D knobs are a part of the model, thus cannot be removed even with panel.cfg changes.That is one of the reasons I have not purchased the 172. The 152? I believe the 152 is great 'as is', and have no desire to change the radio sets in that aircraft, as it is a 'trainer'/VFR aircrfat after all. That said, I am a bit dismayed that the 3D knobs look to be starting to incorporate themselves into the newest Carenado aircraft. One of the 'joys' of their aircraft has been the freedom to customize to the end users wishes...for his personal use, of course :(

Guest Aggie

bkeske - I realise that the 3D knobs make editing the virtual cockpit an impossibility, what I am trying half-assedly to do is to replace one of the shift+1, shift+2, shift+3 windows with one containing a bendix king autopilot and adf (I'd like to be able to use all the decimal adf stations in europe).It's not the most elegant solution asthetically, but I'm hopeful it can provide the functionality I need.Bert - I've been doing some experimentation with FS Panel Studio and the only issue I've come up against is my lack of a sense of scale when arranging the gauges as I would like - I'm experimenting with the GPS window as I never make use of it. I think it's going to be a matter of backing up my panel file carefully, then messing about with it until I achieve the desired result :).The advice so far has been very useful, thank you. I'm going to hold off on sending you any specific questions for now as I fear they'd be too much like 'help, mr perfect stranger, do this job for me!' at this point ;). And you've already given a hell of a lot of information out with the 182 changes further up the thread.

Bert - I've been doing some experimentation with FS Panel Studio and the only issue I've come up against is my lack of a sense of scale when arranging the gauges as I would like - I'm experimenting with the GPS window as I never make use of it. I think it's going to be a matter of backing up my panel file carefully, then messing about with it until I achieve the desired result :).The advice so far has been very useful, thank you. I'm going to hold off on sending you any specific questions for now as I fear they'd be too much like 'help, mr perfect stranger, do this job for me!' at this point ;). And you've already given a hell of a lot of information out with the 182 changes further up the thread.
OK, don't hold back on asking for help if you get stuck... we all began by making small changes and built up some skillsover time, and got lots of help from others ! :(

Bert