Sign in to follow this  
cianpars

Tileproxy Performance Tip

Hi AllReally getting to grips with Tileproxy now and have tonight made an interesting discovery.Was running FS9 at 1280X 1024 and getting blurry tiles if I went much above 65 kts TAS.Dropped resolution to 1152 X 864 and am flying along above 100kts with perfectly crisp textures and clearly better texture loading times.Worth trying this on your rig if your having problems with texture loading and blurries.System:AMX 5000 dual core7900 GS Nvidia graphics2 Gigs DDR2 RAMHope this helps somebody. Can I ask for some feedback if anyone benefits.Cheers, IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Guest GREENGRASS
Hi AllReally getting to grips with Tileproxy now and have tonight made an interesting discovery.Was running FS9 at 1280X 1024 and getting blurry tiles if I went much above 65 kts TAS.Dropped resolution to 1152 X 864 and am flying along above 100kts with perfectly crisp textures and clearly better texture loading times.Worth trying this on your rig if your having problems with texture loading and blurries.System:AMX 5000 dual core7900 GS Nvidia graphics2 Gigs DDR2 RAMHope this helps somebody. Can I ask for some feedback if anyone benefits.Cheers, IAN

Guest ddrueding

Ian,The other way to get this performance benefit is to turn down your target framerate; any CPU cycles not used by the sim to draw your screen go to other stuff, like TP.

Thanks for that. From what I have read, this applies to FSX. However, in FS9, the opposite applies. i.e. you need to set the framerate to (or near to) unlimitted to get the best from Tileproxy as this increases the speed at which tiles are loaded.Please correct me if I'm wrong though.IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Guest ddrueding

Nope, you are right. I missed the bit about you being on FS9.

Thanks

Guest AlanStirling

Ian ...Reading your post and trying what you suggest has opened the door for me to the full potential of this excellent programme. I recently installed TP and at the default 1m setting in FSX it was no go ... too blurry for use. Tried the 30cm tweak ... better but not quite there. Dropped my resolution (Matrox Triplehead2Go) from 3840X1024X32 to 3072X768X32 and bingo! clear and sharp! Many thanks for this superb tip!!Alan

Ian ...Reading your post and trying what you suggest has opened the door for me to the full potential of this excellent programme. I recently installed TP and at the default 1m setting in FSX it was no go ... too blurry for use. Tried the 30cm tweak ... better but not quite there. Dropped my resolution (Matrox Triplehead2Go) from 3840X1024X32 to 3072X768X32 and bingo! clear and sharp! Many thanks for this superb tip!!Alan
I dropped my resolution also and improved things. However... I use trackir and also and any FPS lower then 10 gets jerky. I don't really see any FPS improvement unless I am at Unlimited. I was wondering if it's at all possible to run Tileproxy on another PC through WideFS

I do believe it is possible - sure I read someting somewhere about it when Tileproxy first came out.Haven't time to search it out now, but a Google might come up with something or perhaps Christian will pop in and let you know.Cheers, IAN