Sign in to follow this  
mondeoman

Search engine

Hi, Today I entered into the search engine CTD approach it then came up with an error message, apparently I had not entered enough letters. However, on scrolling through the FS9 forum I came upon a topic headed CTD approach. My question is why did the search engine show an error message when there was a least one topic with the heading that I had entered? It seems that this defeats the object of having a search engine

Hi, Today I entered into the search engine CTD approach it then came up with an error message, apparently I had not entered enough letters. However, on scrolling through the FS9 forum I came upon a topic headed CTD approach. My question is why did the search engine show an error message when there was a least one topic with the heading that I had entered? It seems that this defeats the object of having a search engine
Indeed. This is only the second forum I have ever seen this restriction on. It makes searches difficult at best. The search I had refused today was i7 Vista 64.

Guest lgvpilot1
Indeed. This is only the second forum I have ever seen this restriction on. It makes searches difficult at best. The search I had refused today was i7 Vista 64.
Yeah ! i've noticed , dont even think about looking for posts about PSS , FMS , CTD, OOM or even FS9, FSX!!Best to just post the same tired old questions again and hope somebody will answer :( Mark

I don't know why but I'm never able to use the search engine correctly. It's my fault probably, lack of using the correct words...I don't mind answering the same questions if I can again and again, who would mind chatting about his/her hobby or passion anyway. :(

We currently have the search engine set to accept no less than four characters. The reason for this is to keep the demand on the processors low. Imagine if we set the search length to two characters. A search on "if" or a three character search of "and" could really slow the system down for everyone; and believe me, there are those out there that would do that deliberately. However, since we originally set the criteria to four characters, we have no put in place a monitoring system that will allow us to detect and determine who has maliciously attempted to flood the system with bogus searches. So, I will decrease the search criteria to three characters, but I willnot decrease it any further. If the system is abused, we will increase the criteria again.

We currently have the search engine set to accept no less than four characters. The reason for this is to keep the demand on the processors low. Imagine if we set the search length to two characters. A search on "if" or a three character search of "and" could really slow the system down for everyone; and believe me, there are those out there that would do that deliberately. However, since we originally set the criteria to four characters, we have no put in place a monitoring system that will allow us to detect and determine who has maliciously attempted to flood the system with bogus searches. So, I will decrease the search criteria to three characters, but I willnot decrease it any further. If the system is abused, we will increase the criteria again.
Hi Tom,I understand your concerns, but how do we do searches for things like "Windows 7" etc? This restriction makes the search engine nearly impossible to use.Tom

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg