Sign in to follow this  
rpowers

Really strange stuttering problem.Please help!

I have been away for a week so naturally I am tring to catch up on new downloads and forum discussions.I added a lot of AFCADS and airport scenery and also tried a new tweak from the GEX forum.I HAVE MAJOR STUTTERS! I eliminated the twaek that was supposed to help with the stuuters so I don't think that is the problem.I have a freeware Airport Scanner program that among other things shows duplicate airports installed.Everything has been fine there.I showed a few dupes but that was because the author had 2 files instead of 1 going into Add On Scenery\scenery file.Now I run it and it shpws quite a few duplicates that I have not heard of and I don't think installed unless a it came with another senery program.Bottom line is it shows for example 1 file (11AK_ADE_FSG.BGL) in Layer 120 Add on scenery and 1 file(11AK_ADE_FSG_ALT.BGL) in layer 001 default terrain.I am going to eliminat the 1 in add on scenery because I have no idea how it got there,but can anyone explain what happened and if it could be cause of MAJOR STUTTERS?I mean the sim locks up and then goes again.Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Guest napamule

Ron,You didn't say what your system specs are, but FSX can test the best of them. You are assuming it has to do with add on scenery, but that would be too easy. The way to eliminate dupes, etc is to make a folder under AddOn Scnery folder for each different scenery add on you add. That way you can eliminate dupes being in same folder. They can be named the same, but may be for a different area completely, which would not effect FSX, or give you stutters, IF you have them in different (area) sceney folders. Lumping all the bgl's in the default AddOn Scenery scenery folder is not good practice. Have you seen the FSX topic called 'Don't miss this...' concerning the program (java applet) called 'Limiter'? I would go read that for ideas. You will find the auto gen slider is what MAY be causing your stuttering. Try turning auto gen to none, for test, and go fly. Leave everything else how it is set. You might be surprised at results. You should also go google for FSX tweaks (for fsx.cfg) to improve FSX performance-every little bit helps.Chuck BNapamule

Ron,You didn't say what your system specs are, but FSX can test the best of them. You are assuming it has to do with add on scenery, but that would be too easy. The way to eliminate dupes, etc is to make a folder under AddOn Scnery folder for each different scenery add on you add. That way you can eliminate dupes being in same folder. They can be named the same, but may be for a different area completely, which would not effect FSX, or give you stutters, IF you have them in different (area) sceney folders. Lumping all the bgl's in the default AddOn Scenery scenery folder is not good practice. Have you seen the FSX topic called 'Don't miss this...' concerning the program (java applet) called 'Limiter'? I would go read that for ideas. You will find the auto gen slider is what MAY be causing your stuttering. Try turning auto gen to none, for test, and go fly. Leave everything else how it is set. You might be surprised at results. You should also go google for FSX tweaks (for fsx.cfg) to improve FSX performance-every little bit helps.Chuck BNapamule
Thanks for the help.I think I have solved the problem.I love the support and help from the flight sim community.Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.