Sign in to follow this  
Guest Taxigo

What flight speed on the tiles according to the processor

Guest Taxigo

Hello ,I read the manual but I did not answer with precision:and saw: 80-100 kts ok but but under what CPU1/ what is the speed as the processor-P4 -core2duo , E6600-Quad-core E8800 (i believe)-I7 920etc....2/ what is the best way to fly over the area, circle, rectangle, diagonal3/ what is the best altitude and speed ADSL 6 Mbps and I7-920Thancks .

Guest ddrueding
Hello ,I read the manual but I did not answer with precision:and saw: 80-100 kts ok but but under what CPU1/ what is the speed as the processor-P4 -core2duo , E6600-Quad-core E8800 (i believe)-I7 920etc....2/ what is the best way to fly over the area, circle, rectangle, diagonal3/ what is the best altitude and speed ADSL 6 Mbps and I7-920Thancks .
There are far too many variables to answer with precision to your exact configuration. Here are some guidelines:1. More CPU is better. It will use as many cores as you have, and all the spare power it can get. Remember that FSX doesn't use the GPU well, and requires a lot of CPU at high resolutions/framerates/settings. Find a balance.2. Covering less area will require less processing/downloading. Constantly flying over new terrain will yield the lowest possible performance, flying in circles the highest. Find a balance.3. Flying slower gives TP more time per area to get the image completed. Decreasing the LOD setting makes the image easier to complete. Find a balance.Best of luck!

Guest Taxigo

Thancks , Interristing answer I understand . :(

AMD Phenom II 940 (quad core - 3.0ghz)ATI Radeon 4850 - 512mb4gb 1066 ramWindows Vista Home Premium10mb Internet connection320gb Hard drive for Tileproxy 8.0Service provider # 1FSX Frames Per Second locked at 20.I can pretty much fly anything that is not super-sonic and the tiles load great !!!!Flying this rig with a 172 Cessna at 100kts, the tiles load amazingly fast and far.The only time I really see the 'edges' of the tiles is when I'm flying up high.

Suggest try lowering screen resolution.IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)