Sign in to follow this  
ExpressJetXE

Active Sky vs RC ATIS

Is there a way for RC ATIS to reconize the Active Sky weather? When I tune to ATIS it may give me a 50 mile visability. Active Sky is more realistic with a 10 mile visiability. Is there a setting for RC to reconize Active Sky?

Is there a way for RC ATIS to reconize the Active Sky weather? When I tune to ATIS it may give me a 50 mile visability. Active Sky is more realistic with a 10 mile visiability. Is there a setting for RC to reconize Active Sky?
what version of fsuipc? what version of rc?make a log, duplicate the problemwhere are you when the atis is retrieved, and in error?

RC gets ATIS from the FS weather and ATC engines which respond to AS. FSUIPC supplies the connection. Make sure you have the latest version of FSUIPC links provided in the pinned topic at this forum head.If you are talking about departure ATIS it takes quite a while for FS ATIS data to catch up with AS changes. After AS finishes its writes to the FS weather refresh AI (there should be a button or option in AS). This will restart the AI patterns and immediately update the FS ATIS data that RC retrieves.For arrival ATIS the distance is limited to 50 miles or less in RC4. See page 46 in the RC version 4.3 manual.In AS it is advisable to disable "flightwatch" as well to prevent conflicts.