Sign in to follow this  
Guest realatp

MD11 FS9

Guest realatp

Ok, so saved up (took me along time) $79.99 and bought the MD-11 for FS9. I get it into FS9 installs fine and everything and I go an fly in the VC and the VC guages arn't very smooth. So I go to the menu an do the perfromance tuning thing, cranked it up there to like 100 FPS. Still the guages arn't smooth. I can be getting 50-60 FPS in FS9 an the arn't smooth at all, comparing to the 744. My 744 is smooth as hell.I'm a NO 2D guy, have to fly from the VC or I don't fly. I feel like I wasted money if I can't get them smooth VC guages. Can somebody please help me. It was either the Frieghter for the 744 or the MD-11 and I couldn't get both so I got the MD-11 and I feel like crap for it. I have tried everything from updating drivers to uninstalling to messing with the Nvidia perfromance tuning!! Thanks Mark SoskinVista 64x9800GTX+ 5128 Gigs DDR2SATA 120 gigs22" LCD FS9.1Saitek Pro Throttles/Yoke/Pedals

In the several months that the MD11 has been release, your's is the first comment regarding guage smoothness. Might help figuring out what is going on if you provide a specific problem that others can try to reproduce or deduce a solution. I have my performance tuning dial set to about 20 and do not notice any jumping or jittering in any DU.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest realatp

I know this makes no sence to me either. What should I do? Everything else works perfectly (ie all my addons and fs itself)

.."if you provide a specific problem that others can try to reproduce or deduce a solution" is my suggestion.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest realatp
What are the rest of your system specs and what resolution are you running the sim at?
Vista 64xIntel Quad Q7600 2.67ghzNvidia 780i Mainboard 1033 FBS9800GTX+ 5128 Gigs DDR2SATA 120 gigs22" LCD running @ 1680x1050 ResFS9.1

Vista 64xIntel Quad Q7600 2.67ghzNvidia 780i Mainboard 1033 FBS9800GTX+ 5128 Gigs DDR2SATA 120 gigs22" LCD running @ 1680x1050 ResFS9.1
Hi Mark!To me it looks indrediable that you don

Leffe,the debate on whether you see a difference in smoothness between 20, 30, unlimited and so on is one of the longest running no doubt. Needless to say, I set my limiter to 30 in general, though with some addons when not on IVAO, I have switched to unlimited. There is a major difference in general smoothness. You cannot compare TV footage to FS, the same way you cannot compare old TV technology with new 100/200Hz TVs currently being released to market...But back to the thread, Mark: I haven't done much tweaking to the gauge refresh rates at all... for all weathers IFR operations, they are ideal. I never use the 2D panels, as I am a dedicated VC only flyer, and that with a sim limiter set to 30 (which hardly ever falls below 30 in all environments I have tested so far in the MD11...)I suppose the "problem" is subjective. We all have our opinions of what is smooth enough... the only way you are going to show us what your issue is, is to create a video...Andrew

I hope the thread starter is not expecting to see "perfectly smooth", real lifelike gauges in the VC. I believe that's something that's simply not possible within the FS platform, unless all gauges are made with 3D technology like Realair did with the Spitfire (before you ask, this technology is not useable with complex glass cockpits like the MD-11).The VC gauges will always be less smooth than in 2D panels. Smooth and "perfectly smooth" are two different things in FS.

Leffe,the debate on whether you see a difference in smoothness between 20, 30, unlimited and so on is one of the longest running no doubt. Needless to say, I set my limiter to 30 in general, though with some addons when not on IVAO, I have switched to unlimited. There is a major difference in general smoothness. You cannot compare TV footage to FS, the same way you cannot compare old TV technology with new 100/200Hz TVs currently being released to market...Andrew
Sorry, don

Guest Peertjeheavyjet
Hi Realatp,I was looking at you're post, i see that we share the same graphic card. What is was wondering, do you have Nhancer? Our having other problems with FS smoothness?Mayby you can post some screen shots. And for smoother VC's i have some Tweaks. I don't know from wich country you are from, they are all in Dutch, so mayby i can translate it for you. I had the same problem, but it was the graphic card who messed up things.PeterMy pc spec's:Windows XP64bitAsus A2N-SLI Deluxe4gb Corsair memory 800FSBAMD Q9950 Quad Core 2.61Ghzand the Club 3d 9800 GTX 512mb

How many frames per second can the human eye see? This is a tricky question. And much confusion about it is related to the fact, that this question is NOT the same as: How many frames per second do I have to have to make motions look fluid? And it's not the same as How many frames per second makes the movie stop flickering? And it's not the same as What is the shortest frame a human eye would notice? -Copied from 100fps.comKen

Oops, look what we have started... again... :DLet us all agree to disagree, and be happy with whatever frame rate setting we have...Sorry for dragging it up in the first place...Andrew

I hope the thread starter is not expecting to see "perfectly smooth", real lifelike gauges in the VC. I believe that's something that's simply not possible within the FS platform, unless all gauges are made with 3D technology like Realair did with the Spitfire (before you ask, this technology is not useable with complex glass cockpits like the MD-11).The VC gauges will always be less smooth than in 2D panels. Smooth and "perfectly smooth" are two different things in FS.
Very good point there... and I would add that the perception of smoothness is also somewhat subjective. For my use, the gauges on the MD are ideal...I, as many others here no doubt, remember the old days of VCs... and we have come a long way from then...Andrew