Sign in to follow this  
Guest realatp

MD11 FS9

Guest realatp
Hi Realatp,I was looking at you're post, i see that we share the same graphic card. What is was wondering, do you have Nhancer? Our having other problems with FS smoothness?Mayby you can post some screen shots. And for smoother VC's i have some Tweaks. I don't know from wich country you are from, they are all in Dutch, so mayby i can translate it for you. I had the same problem, but it was the graphic card who messed up things.PeterMy pc spec's:Windows XP64bitAsus A2N-SLI Deluxe4gb Corsair memory 800FSBAMD Q9950 Quad Core 2.61Ghzand the Club 3d 9800 GTX 512mb
Peter,I get esailly 50 FPS in FS all the time, the PMDG tuning is cranked up to like 100% but its not that smooth. I am comparing it the PMDG 747 VC, which is smooth to me. I don't understand why one PMDG prodcuts is so smooth and the other isn't

Peter,I get esailly 50 FPS in FS all the time, the PMDG tuning is cranked up to like 100% but its not that smooth. I am comparing it the PMDG 747 VC, which is smooth to me. I don't understand why one PMDG prodcuts is so smooth and the other isn't
MarkHave you don a complete uninstall and reinstall of the MD11?Not saying that's a known fix (simply because I don't think this is even a known issue), but it would eliminate anything that could be attributed to an install gone wrong.If that provides no help, come back and we'll look further. As far as my system is concerned, the MD11 has a smoother VC than the 747, comfortably so, I believe others see the same too, so it should be something we can fix.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest realatp
MarkHave you don a complete uninstall and reinstall of the MD11?Not saying that's a known fix (simply because I don't think this is even a known issue), but it would eliminate anything that could be attributed to an install gone wrong.If that provides no help, come back and we'll look further. As far as my system is concerned, the MD11 has a smoother VC than the 747, comfortably so, I believe others see the same too, so it should be something we can fix.
k uninstalled it, update drivers I've DONE everything I can possible do, and its still not smooth, not even close to the 744, please help me man, I worked so hard to get this, and I wanna get the secret plane too, but I can't fly in 2D and if the secret plane is gonna have the same problem and i can't buy it man. Thanks.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!1
Mark,I would firstly say that it's hard to get an idea of what a slow refresh rate means to you personally. People talk about the mid-20 FPS range as being the point where fluidity comes in. It's a tad more complex than that, but with the VC gauges one could argue that fluidity occurs at a significantly slower rate, as nothing on the gauges moves terribly fast anyway, so a lower FPS is not as apparent. I have a system that is inferior to yours and yet I have almost no noticable slowdown. I know that's not helpful to you, but my perception of the performance is that it is adequate.If you were going to put a figure on it, what would you estimate your VC gauge refresh rate to be? 10 fps? less? Does it appear to vary at different points in the flight? Does deactivating the F/O's VC gauges make a difference?

Mark Adeane - NZWN

Out of all the post I have read and come across I have found THREE main errors that occur dealing with this plane.1. Not reading the manual or even following the tutorial.2. Hardware. I even fixed my slow rates by upgrading my ram to 3GB and updating my graphics card driver. What a difference.3. (Sorry MS) VISTA operating systems in so many application not just in MSFS. ( I have XP)Check out as many post as you want. These are the three underlining problems concerning this plane. There are some real errors, but very few outside of the ones mention above. Check it out for yourself and update, check alias of your graphics card and defrag hardrive. Insure virus program has your FS on it's list not to continous check. Some of this do not sound related to your problem but they can all be related. i just recently got control of a viruse (Vundo)that was greatly affecting my flying. I do use Vista on a computer at church which wants to control everything and pass protect all operations. MSFS wants to run free and Vista is so controling and complex it is literally overkill.Carl Perry

Guest realatp
Mark,I would firstly say that it's hard to get an idea of what a slow refresh rate means to you personally. People talk about the mid-20 FPS range as being the point where fluidity comes in. It's a tad more complex than that, but with the VC gauges one could argue that fluidity occurs at a significantly slower rate, as nothing on the gauges moves terribly fast anyway, so a lower FPS is not as apparent. I have a system that is inferior to yours and yet I have almost no noticable slowdown. I know that's not helpful to you, but my perception of the performance is that it is adequate.If you were going to put a figure on it, what would you estimate your VC gauge refresh rate to be? 10 fps? less? Does it appear to vary at different points in the flight? Does deactivating the F/O's VC gauges make a difference?
Hey man thanks for the help. Look I have 744 for FS9 and the guages are 'smooth' compared to the MD-11. My computer is clean and optimized, I have read the manaulss, uninstalled etc etc, I have tried everything. I cranked up the perfromace settings to in the options as well. I have been Flight Simming for years now and there is defently a problem here, its really really slow like probably 5 frames a second. Mind you I don't expect the VC to be like the 2D by any means I know it isn't possible, anyways thanks.

Hey man thanks for the help. Look I have 744 for FS9 and the guages are 'smooth' compared to the MD-11. My computer is clean and optimized, I have read the manaulss, uninstalled etc etc, I have tried everything. I cranked up the perfromace settings to in the options as well. I have been Flight Simming for years now and there is defently a problem here, its really really slow like probably 5 frames a second. Mind you I don't expect the VC to be like the 2D by any means I know it isn't possible, anyways thanks.
One thing that has been suggested was turning down water effects, not sure if you've tried that?You're right though, something is a bit odd about this, performance ought to be on a par with the 744 if not better.Beyond that I'm at a bit of a loss, hopefully some of the more experienced performance tweakers will step in here?

Mark Adeane - NZWN