Sign in to follow this  
Guest pkav

MD11 FCOM weight tables

Guest pkav

Hello everybody,I searched the forum and tried to help myself with google and all other search engines, but I still have a sort of problem.In the FCOM on page 18(the page number in your adobe reader not the FCOM page itself), you find the weight tables in the limitations section.There are three columns with MTOW MLW and so on, but all numbers except 630,500lbs in the first and second column are different. On the right side(aircraft serial numbers is above the column) you find numbers like (1) (2) (3) in every column.The explanation for this is below but they do not make any sense to me, because every number from (1) to (3) are listed in every column and so far not explaining any of the weights mentioned there. How can (2) only be the weight config. for the MD11F , but is mentioned in every of the 3 aicrfat serial number columns?Another thing is, what is the exact max landing wheight for the MD11 and the MD11F? You cannot get theses numbers out of that table.In the load manager it says the MZFW for the MD11 is 430,000lbs. In the table you will find 461,300 in the first, 452,300 in the second and 410,000 in the third column.Also on wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MD-11 ( not always the best source of getting information, but at least a site where you find anything about the MD11 on the web) it says MLW is 430,000. In the FCOM you have numbers from 491,500 over 481,500 to 440,000lbs?Which number is the correct one? It is obviously strange, because I never heard about an aircraft which has its MZF=MLW. That would mean if you had full pay load on the flight you would must not have any fuel left, that is just silly.For the MD11F the ZFW in the FCOM and the loadmanager are the same, but also you can guess your correct figure for the MLW of the plane out of the 3 numbers. This does only not make sense , because you can find the (2)=this particular weight conf. is applicable for the Freighter only , next to each of the three mentioned numbers.That confuses me, could someone please help? I hate guessing weights, and also speeds or flex temps......Thank you very much!Philipp

Guest pkav

Ok I did not think that so many would answer.... !Anyway, I put a flightplan from KSFO to KSEA into the fmc at MZFW and max. fuel, so that TOW was 630,000lbs , it was a passenger config, no freighter for that one I found the numbers earlier doing it , and I have to admit for this type they are correct in the FCOM. I wanted to see what number comes up in the scratchpad of the fmc for the MLW, which is displayed when you are too heavy to land and the fmc recognizes it, because of the short route and the of course too much fuel.It was 458,000lbs MLW, so another number, which is not mentioned in the FCOM as I described in post nr.1.So, is it correct to say that the numbers in the FCOM are somehow wrong?? Or did I mess up something with different MD11 configs like MD11,MD11ER and MD11C?? ( In wikipedia the 458,000 MLW are mentioned with the MD11C)If someone who knows what this all is aobout could answer, I would be really thankful. Because it makes a difference if you try to land at 481,500lbs or 458,000lbs maximum. At least for me....ThanksPhilipp

Ok I did not think that so many would answer.... !Anyway, I put a flightplan from KSFO to KSEA into the fmc at MZFW and max. fuel, so that TOW was 630,000lbs , it was a passenger config, no freighter for that one I found the numbers earlier doing it , and I have to admit for this type they are correct in the FCOM. I wanted to see what number comes up in the scratchpad of the fmc for the MLW, which is displayed when you are too heavy to land and the fmc recognizes it, because of the short route and the of course too much fuel.It was 458,000lbs MLW, so another number, which is not mentioned in the FCOM as I described in post nr.1.So, is it correct to say that the numbers in the FCOM are somehow wrong?? Or did I mess up something with different MD11 configs like MD11,MD11ER and MD11C?? ( In wikipedia the 458,000 MLW are mentioned with the MD11C)If someone who knows what this all is aobout could answer, I would be really thankful. Because it makes a difference if you try to land at 481,500lbs or 458,000lbs maximum. At least for me....ThanksPhilipp
Hey, thought I would answer to keep this near the top until PMDG or someone else lets you know.I stick to the F model weights and memorize these -461,300 ZFW630,500 MTOW491,500 MLW481,500 MLW (Autoland) dont remember this kinda restriction on the 744 And if my F/O is really fat I use the 62K thrust setting on the FMC Rob

Rob Prest

Guest pkav

Hey Rob,thank you very much for your reply, the numbers for the F model are really the same as in the FCOM, so I am happy with that.But it seems that the passenger model is the one of the MD11C ( Combi).For this, I found theese weights on several sources on the web:MTOW: 630,500MZFW: 430,000MLW: 458,000The MD11ER also had a landing weight of 491,500 like the MD11F. Anyway, in the FCOM the 458,000 MLW which are obviously correct (as told by the fmc) are missing.Instead you will find 440,000 but for this weight you get in the same column a MTOW of 618,000...... strange, I do not know where these numbers come from and why they are there, because they seem to be wrong.But I can finally get my sleep I think ;-) , you just sometimes need to search for the answer yourself, instead of trying to find the answer in the correct section of a 1400 pages manual and believing what is in there is always right.....Thanks again,Philipp

Hey Rob,thank you very much for your reply, the numbers for the F model are really the same as in the FCOM, so I am happy with that.But it seems that the passenger model is the one of the MD11C ( Combi).For this, I found theese weights on several sources on the web:MTOW: 630,500MZFW: 430,000MLW: 458,000The MD11ER also had a landing weight of 491,500 like the MD11F. Anyway, in the FCOM the 458,000 MLW which are obviously correct (as told by the fmc) are missing.Instead you will find 440,000 but for this weight you get in the same column a MTOW of 618,000...... strange, I do not know where these numbers come from and why they are there, because they seem to be wrong.But I can finally get my sleep I think ;-) , you just sometimes need to search for the answer yourself, instead of trying to find the answer in the correct section of a 1400 pages manual and believing what is in there is always right.....Thanks again,Philipp
Hi everyone,Has anyone from PMDG ever replied to this as I am looking tonight at the official weights (MZFW, MLW, MTOW) from boeing regarding the Md-11http://www.boeing.com/commercial/airports/acaps/md11sec2.pdfAnd what really bugs me is that I can't find any really correspondance from those official given values to either the FSX MD-11 or MD-11 F we have. For example our load manager gives us (in lbs) :MZFW = 430'000MTOW = 630'500MLW in the sim gives =458'000The MTOW is optional from 602'500 to 630'500 on every model (included to F) so this can be justified but the MZFW of 430'000 is only for the combi and our load manager clearly simulates a passenger MD-11 and not a combi with 6 pallets lol .Also the MLW of 458'000 is also only from the combiThe cargo version has the same problem:In our loud manager:MZFW: 461'300MTOW: 630'500In the official date the MZFW is 451'300.- . Well maybe I am missing something lol and sorry if this sounds picky but I find it surprising that for a such complex add-on the weights seems mixed up between different models.. which one did PMDG really model ??also on page 3 of the new tutorial in the NAV log the MTOW is at 602'500... lol even more confused now...thanks for any explanation.. :-)anthony brichart

Anthony

WIN 11 - MSFS 2020 - X-plane 12

i7 13700KF - ZOTAC OC - RTX 4080 - 4K

hi anthony,i just bought the 11 yesterday and was quite amazed by the whole thing. A fine piece of work :) Anyway, with us where i work (LH-Cargo) we even have higher Weight-Maximums as you see below:MZFW 461165 lbsMTOW 630322 lbsMLAW 491360 lbsStrange, that the Loadmanager shows me a ZFW for Full Cargo Load of 209240KG (wich is exactly the figure with our Company's Limit) and when i try to enter this figure into the FMS it says "ENTRY OUT OF RANGE" it accepts only around 195000kg.Guess i have to live with that :( and fly "only" around 81tons of cargo instead the presumed 94.5tonsOne more word about the registration: In our fleet the Tail numbers go from D-ALCA up to D-ALCS. When i try to enter that Reg. it wont show on the aircraft. Is that common with FSX? (I thought they were changing that as it was not possible in FS2004 to "transfer" the Reg for a User-AC onto the body of the plane)Regards Ron

hi anthony,i just bought the 11 yesterday and was quite amazed by the whole thing. A fine piece of work :) Anyway, with us where i work (LH-Cargo) we even have higher Weight-Maximums as you see below:MZFW 461165 lbsMTOW 630322 lbsMLAW 491360 lbsStrange, that the Loadmanager shows me a ZFW for Full Cargo Load of 209240KG (wich is exactly the figure with our Company's Limit) and when i try to enter this figure into the FMS it says "ENTRY OUT OF RANGE" it accepts only around 195000kg.Guess i have to live with that :( and fly "only" around 81tons of cargo instead the presumed 94.5tonsOne more word about the registration: In our fleet the Tail numbers go from D-ALCA up to D-ALCS. When i try to enter that Reg. it wont show on the aircraft. Is that common with FSX? (I thought they were changing that as it was not possible in FS2004 to "transfer" the Reg for a User-AC onto the body of the plane)Regards Ron
theres a setting (checkbox) in the fsx options to display tail numbers, by standard i think this is turned off