Sign in to follow this  
Vic1

no tcas alerts at all with rc4

I have rc4 fsx & acceleration.i run rc4 on a network machine and it works ok appart from being a bit slow in responding to commands. But i never get any traffic warning from rc4, my aircraft tcas will be shouting at me but never radar contacti am wondering if there is some thing i have not done right in the set up over the network?the seccont issue is that i never seem to get holds even when i select always hold.normally i have the hold for weather and it never holds me . i fly with ASA weather and browsed to the FLT/WX folder(i assume this is the flight simulatorx files folder where all flights are saved?)even with full imc i dont get divertedkav

See http://www.jdtllc.com/FAQ.htm#26 regarding holding.Regarding traffic warnings, do you have Interact with AI checked in RC options?

I have rc4 fsx & acceleration.i run rc4 on a network machine and it works ok appart from being a bit slow in responding to commands. But i never get any traffic warning from rc4, my aircraft tcas will be shouting at me but never radar contacti am wondering if there is some thing i have not done right in the set up over the network?the seccont issue is that i never seem to get holds even when i select always hold.normally i have the hold for weather and it never holds me . i fly with ASA weather and browsed to the FLT/WX folder(i assume this is the flight simulatorx files folder where all flights are saved?)even with full imc i dont get divertedkav

Do you hear RC ATC talking to AI on the same frequency? (AI Chatter checked, not prerecorded chatter option.) I am trying to verify that RC sees AI on your client.

yes i have that checked in the rc optionskav

Do you hear RC ATC talking to AI on the same frequency? (AI Chatter checked, not prerecorded chatter option.) I am trying to verify that RC sees AI on your client.
ai chatter is checked not pre recorded chatteri do get to hear rc interacting with ai particulally on the ground but not much in the air but i do hear it. I would expact the radios to be buzzing on approach to heathrow or somewhere busy like that vectors etc etc but its not very busy at all and i have traffic on max. kav

Time to send a log to jd following instructions pinned in the top[ of this forum. Make a flight where you know you will have problems with TCAS. If you can note the time into the flight, the airline flight number, etc, to make finding the incident easier for jd. Put anything helpful in the e-mail you attach the zipped log to.Where multiple approach frequencies exist, I'm not sure if RC uses frequency data to catch AI chatter to interpret. If so, you will only hear those on your approach controller's channel as determined by FS. (Usually incoming direction and assigned runway determine the frequency if handled as such by FS.One test you can try is to fire up Traffic Look on your client which comes in the download for FSUIPC. It runs in a separate window. This shows the activity of AI, both ground and air, in your aircraft's vicinity.

ai chatter is checked not pre recorded chatteri do get to hear rc interacting with ai particulally on the ground but not much in the air but i do hear it. I would expact the radios to be buzzing on approach to heathrow or somewhere busy like that vectors etc etc but its not very busy at all and i have traffic on max. kav

Time to send a log to jd following instructions pinned in the top[ of this forum. Make a flight where you know you will have problems with TCAS. If you can note the time into the flight, the airline flight number, etc, to make finding the incident easier for jd. Put anything helpful in the e-mail you attach the zipped log to.Where multiple approach frequencies exist, I'm not sure if RC uses frequency data to catch AI chatter to interpret. If so, you will only hear those on your approach controller's channel as determined by FS. (Usually incoming direction and assigned runway determine the frequency if handled as such by FS.One test you can try is to fire up Traffic Look on your client which comes in the download for FSUIPC. It runs in a separate window. This shows the activity of AI, both ground and air, in your aircraft's vicinity.
yes, you absolutely have to tell me what ai you think i should have called, and didn't.jd

yes, you absolutely have to tell me what ai you think i should have called, and didn't.jd
Ok will try and fly again over the next few days and report back with a log tookav