Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cyborg

Add small Aircraft traffic to smaller airports

Guest Cyborg

I remember some many moons ago, for FS9, I got a file that added lots of SEL etc. and even heli traffic around smaller airports.I can't seem to find anything with that description for FSXany idea where to look for it? some more info if needed:I just installed FSX with acceleration, to give it a try on a better system and I kind of like what I see.The only thing I did to the "virgin" installation, is disable (renaming) the original bgl file, downloading the WOAI files and install them (all GA, all Cargo and some Airlines), still many to go.I like the traffic on major airports, but have no traffic at all on smaller ones.I fly out of KHWO and there are no airplanes around whatsoever.If I understand correctly, I could use some tool and make traffic at KHWO appear, but I don't know how and it would be cumbersome to do this for all smaller airports, that I'm going to visit in the future.Any help is greatly appreciated.

If you want traffic at your local airport, you're going to need to restore the default traffic bgl. You probably didn't need to rename it to begin with as WOAI plans are FS9 and automaticly over ride the default file. If you choose to restore your default traffic, you will need to convert WOAI files to FSX format. Short of that, you will need to write your own flightplans to get AI to your airport.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

To add what Bob has said, if you don't want to convert your WOAI plans and still have default traffic, you can download selected flightplans courtesy of Reggie Fields'. Download LINK . If you still don't have enough traffic you'll need to create your own - not that difficult.

Regards, Kendall

Guest Cyborg
If you want traffic at your local airport, you're going to need to restore the default traffic bgl. You probably didn't need to rename it to begin with as WOAI plans are FS9 and automaticly over ride the default file. If you choose to restore your default traffic, you will need to convert WOAI files to FSX format. Short of that, you will need to write your own flightplans to get AI to your airport.Bob
That's what I was afraid of, I guess I'll have to read up and learn how to do that.Thank you for you help
To add what Bob has said, if you don't want to convert your WOAI plans and still have default traffic, you can download selected flight plans courtesy of Reggie Fields'. Download LINK . If you still don't have enough traffic you'll need to create your own - not that difficult.
One step into the right direction.I downloaded those files and now have some SEL around KWHO. It's not a ghost airport anymore. Thank you very much.BTW, I had frame problems with the default FSX AI, anything above 9% was a slide show and only gave me a few Orbit planes around airports.That's why I disabled it and downloaded the WOAI ones, I have the sliders to 100% and plenty of airplanes around.The frame rate is good, but I have an unrelated problem (small frame freezes in turns) which I will work on some later time, for now it is acceptable.I also like to mention that I used the converter tool to convert all bgl files to FSX format.Again, thank you to both of you.

Guest jaskanFactor

If you want to avoid all the technical file manupulations, go spend about 30 box on TrafficX, you get frame rate friendly AI models, plus good traffic distribution worldwide. The commercial and military AI planes look good too. And all you have to do to increase traffic at smaller airport is to turn your GA traffic slider up a bit in FSX.Since i randomly fly from A to B anywhere in the world, my commercial and GA traffic sliders are same value in FSX. Since its mostly GA that do smaller airports, GA slider should increase traffic there.I have never used WOAI, cause am having enough trouble managing FSX never mind any other technical addons, so i always go payware, or save up .PAYWARE RULES. As Long As Its Not From ABACUS

Guest Cyborg
If you want to avoid all the technical file manupulations, go spend about 30 box on TrafficX, .....
I'm not ready yet, to spend more money on something, I'll have to wait for some more time before my computer catches up with it.And also, I have plenty of time, but no money. :(
If you still don't have enough traffic you'll need to create your own - not that difficult.
I gave this a try and followed a step by step tutorial that I found here: Making Simple Flight PlansThe result is fantastic, I now have plenty of traffic and can add and remove to my liking.And as you said, It wasn't all that difficult.

I remember some many moons ago, for FS9, I got a file that added lots of SEL etc. and even heli traffic around smaller airports.I can't seem to find anything with that description for FSXany idea where to look for it? some more info if needed:I just installed FSX with acceleration, to give it a try on a better system and I kind of like what I see.The only thing I did to the "virgin" installation, is disable (renaming) the original bgl file, downloading the WOAI files and install them (all GA, all Cargo and some Airlines), still many to go.I like the traffic on major airports, but have no traffic at all on smaller ones.I fly out of KHWO and there are no airplanes around whatsoever.If I understand correctly, I could use some tool and make traffic at KHWO appear, but I don't know how and it would be cumbersome to do this for all smaller airports, that I'm going to visit in the future.Any help is greatly appreciated.
You don't need the FSX default traffic file - it's not compatile with FS9 traffic files anyway. Here is what I did.1. I deleted the FSX default traffic file. The aircraft are too large for AI anyway.2. I downloaded all the FSX airport modification files (used to be called AFCAD) produced by the Smith Graphics folks. These modifications add a whole bunch of parking spaces to small airports all over the USA.3. I produced a static aircraft FP. Of course you can make the aircraft fly around but I just wanted some static aircraft at these airports. Here is what the files look like in the FP:aircraft.txt fileAC#1,200,"Beechcraft B200 3B-F King Air N200NA"AC#2,200,"Cessna 177RG"AC#3,200,"Cessna C550 Generic1"AC#4,200,"Cessna Citation II EJM Executive Jet Management Inc"AC#5,200,"Cessna Grand Caravan Paint1"AC#6,200,"Cessna Skyhawk 172SP Paint1"AC#7,200,"Cessna Skyhawk 172SP Paint4"AC#8,200,"Convair CV-580 DHL Astar Air Cargo Inc OC"AC#9,200,"Fairchild Metroliner III Business Aviation Courier"AC#10,200,"Gates Learjet 40 Generic_USA2"AC#11,200,"Mooney Bravo"AC#12,200,"Piper Cub Paint2"AC#13,200,"Piper PA-28R Warrior REX Ram Air Freight"AC#14,200,"Piper PA-31T Cheyenne II Conyan Aviation N63CM"flightplans.txt file//Begin KDHN Support FlightAC#1,N200NA,1%,WEEK,VFR,0/01:59,@0/04:29,170,R,4460,KHSV,0/06:29,@0/10:29,170,R,4435,KDHNAC#2,TC-TTB,1%,WEEK,VFR,0/01:59,@0/04:29,170,R,4460,KHSV,0/06:29,@0/10:29,170,R,4435,KDHNAC#3,TC-TTB,1%,WEEK,VFR,0/01:59,@0/04:29,170,R,4460,KHSV,0/06:29,@0/10:29,170,R,4435,KDHNAC#4,TC-TTB,1%,WEEK,VFR,0/01:59,@0/04:29,170,R,4460,KHSV,0/06:29,@0/10:29,170,R,4435,KDHNAC#5,TC-TTB,1%,WEEK,VFR,0/01:59,@0/04:29,170,R,4460,KHSV,0/06:29,@0/10:29,170,R,4435,KDHNAC#6,TC-TTB,1%,WEEK,VFR,0/01:59,@0/04:29,170,R,4460,KHSV,0/06:29,@0/10:29,170,R,4435,KDHNAC#7,TC-TTB,1%,WEEK,VFR,0/01:59,@0/04:29,170,R,4460,KHSV,0/06:29,@0/10:29,170,R,4435,KDHNAC#8,TC-TTB,1%,WEEK,VFR,0/01:59,@0/04:29,170,R,4460,KHSV,0/06:29,@0/10:29,170,R,4435,KDHNAC#9,TC-TTB,1%,WEEK,VFR,0/01:59,@0/04:29,170,R,4460,KHSV,0/06:29,@0/10:29,170,R,4435,KDHNAC#10,TC-TTB,1%,WEEK,VFR,0/01:59,@0/04:29,170,R,4460,KHSV,0/06:29,@0/10:29,170,R,4435,KDHNAC#11,TC-TTB,1%,WEEK,VFR,0/01:59,@0/04:29,170,R,4460,KHSV,0/06:29,@0/10:29,170,R,4435,KDHNAC#12,TC-TTB,1%,WEEK,VFR,0/01:59,@0/04:29,170,R,4460,KHSV,0/06:29,@0/10:29,170,R,4435,KDHNAC#13,TC-TTB,1%,WEEK,VFR,0/01:59,@0/04:29,170,R,4460,KHSV,0/06:29,@0/10:29,170,R,4435,KDHNAC#14,N63CM,1%,WEEK,VFR,0/01:59,@0/04:29,170,R,4460,KHSV,0/06:29,@0/10:29,170,R,4435,KDHN//End KDHN Support FlightWhat this FP does is place the aircraft listed above at the airport at Dothan, Alabama. You can pick any of your FS9 AI aircraft to add to the airport. Some of the aircraft don't park at that particular airport but I didn't care. I just wanted some aircraft there. You can go onto the Internet and look for photos of a particular airport and park that type of aircraft at the airport. Note: The individual flights in the plan above actually go to another airport but the aircraft appears to be stationary because the flight takes place at a time most of us don't fly - 2am. So you won't actually see the aircraft leave the airport unless you're up.fbOf course you can change the static nature of this FP by making the flights go to other airports.

Guest JimC1702

Now here's the simple solution. Since you're using the FS9 style WOAI traffic, just download the file "worldga.zip". You should find it here or at flightsim.com. It will give you plenty of GA traffic at smaller airports, with correct country ID numbers on them. Works great.Don't overlook the GA packages from WOAI as well. Jim

You also might want to take a look at this new payware product which can place traffic, live or static, at your local airfields. The only issue I see is that it appears not to support 3rd party scenery additions.

Regards, Kendall